Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 282493 times)

0 Members and 47 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1980 on: September 09, 2015, 12:18:42 pm »

A bad example is a valuable thing to have.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1981 on: September 10, 2015, 09:05:35 pm »

Paul posted this picture showing that he was wearing the same shirt a year ago today, but I guessed commenting "9/10 never forget" would be in poor taste.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1982 on: September 14, 2015, 11:58:47 pm »

Paul posted this picture showing that he was wearing the same shirt a year ago today, but I guessed commenting "9/10 never forget" would be in poor taste.

And my friend was wearing the same #####. Weird! Or we just need to go shopping, maybe.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1983 on: September 20, 2015, 04:11:28 am »

Help me Jesus!

A friend of mine posted this on my Facebook Wall.


This was, I suppose, her reasoned response to an earlier conversation we'd had about Barack Obama.

It started when she posted this article on her Facebook wall.

Then the following exchange occurred:
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1984 on: September 20, 2015, 10:07:27 pm »

This obnoxious libertarian-ish dude from college is trying to pick a fight with me once again. It has been years and years since he has done this.

I cannot escape the feeling that I will feel better if I just yell at him a little, but I know that road only leads to suffering.

I reflect a lot lately on how some people seem to thrive on, enjoy, or at least tolerate conflict. My tolerance for conflict is... maybe I'll leave off the 'please' or 'thank you' when interacting with a rude person and feel pumped up about it for the rest of the day.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1985 on: September 21, 2015, 08:51:11 am »

I reflect a lot lately on how some people seem to thrive on, enjoy, or at least tolerate conflict. My tolerance for conflict is... maybe I'll leave off the 'please' or 'thank you' when interacting with a rude person and feel pumped up about it for the rest of the day.

Goddamn inev, why we sometimes got to be the same person?  But seriously, like, just chill out out there all you bros and ladies.  I feel like ash probably does this right.  I bet he is pretty chill unless some real shit goes down, then he acts swiftly and strongly.  I think that is the way to be.

We differ in one way though...my first tinder date is this week.  Excited and scared!

Oh, also fuck libertarians (sorry ash).
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1986 on: September 21, 2015, 02:01:47 pm »

Oh, also fuck libertarians (sorry ash).

The problem with libertarians is that they're all libertarians*.   They believe the government should butt out of everything, except for their pet issue.  In a sense, most everyone is a libertarian in that most everyone believes that the power of government should only be used when necessary -- but there's plenty of debate over what is necessary. 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1987 on: September 21, 2015, 09:30:15 pm »

Fuck that, go Bernie.

Oh shit, nice!

This is a change, yes?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1988 on: September 22, 2015, 02:53:58 am »

Yeah, I'm pretty angry about things. I could say a lot of reasons but mostly I'm just tired of seeing people ground under for just being people.

Asherdan 2020!
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1989 on: September 22, 2015, 03:40:46 am »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1990 on: September 23, 2015, 05:42:07 am »

Crazy roommate told me it's "weird" when I refer to women our age as "women," other roommate looked at her and said "what the fuck are you talking about!?"

I like other roommate a lot. She has questionable taste in friends (ie, first roommate) but she is killing it in the attitude department.

General update: our landlord put out rat traps, and I can't find them. This makes me think I am either going to discover a dead rat at a surprising moment, or discover a rat trap when it breaks one of my toes. Or maybe he only put them in the basement? Hmm.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1991 on: September 23, 2015, 11:48:52 am »

Crazy roommate told me it's "weird" when I refer to women our age as "women," other roommate looked at her and said "what the fuck are you talking about!?"

How are you supposed to refer to them?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1992 on: September 24, 2015, 01:23:25 pm »

Girls? Because that's a thing you should call females who are of age?

"I don't date girls, I date women."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1993 on: September 24, 2015, 01:57:35 pm »

yes, she says I should say I am going on a date with "a girl."

in other news, I put my foot in my mouth by talking shit about someone while they were surprisingly within earshot TWICE this week. WTF Dan, come on. Did that super annoying kid from my class hear? Possibly.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 02:34:55 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1994 on: September 24, 2015, 03:12:00 pm »

How old does she think counts as a woman? I am sincerely curious.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 143   Go Up