Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Yo mama's so crass and low, she puts chocolate pieces into her mouth while she is still chewing up the previous chocolate pieces.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: Some movies I just saw  (Read 96853 times)

0 Members and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2011, 06:16:31 pm »

Oh man, Robocop was so good.

hell and damn and fuck yes
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2011, 07:35:27 pm »

I saw Robocop back in the 80s and remember not being impressed by it.  Seems like I remember it being pretty cheesy.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2011, 10:58:08 pm »

I'm just REALLY over the whole gritty, realistic action movie thing. I want movies to be fun again.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2011, 11:31:54 pm »

You sound so world-weary!

Speaking of movies (old internet thing).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2011, 03:41:18 pm »

I saw "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" this weekend, and quite enjoyed it. Because I am a HUGE NERD.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2011, 04:39:56 pm »

It is a good, fun movie.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2011, 04:49:25 pm »

I saw "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" this weekend, and quite enjoyed it. Because I am a HUGE NERD.

Did you read the books? I thought they were OK, but could see how they'd make a really good movie.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2011, 08:38:30 am »

This makes me a giant douche for talking this way about a comic book movie but, the way they compressed the timeline of the movie really the emotional punches of the story, which I felt made the whole thing work. It's grown on me on rewatches though, and I always love an Edgar Wright commentary.
Watching the alternate ending on the DVD feels way more consistent with the rest of the film.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2011, 07:59:39 pm »

Anyone here seen Begotten (wikilink)? Looks creepy; I am reading that maybe it just sucks.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2011, 08:56:58 pm »

im about to finish watching '2001: A Space Odyssey'.  its epic and hell of thoughtful.  its not my most favoritest, yet i sufficiently dig it. 
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2011, 03:24:49 am »

im about to finish watching '2001: A Space Odyssey'.  its epic and hell of thoughtful.  its not my most favoritest, yet i sufficiently dig it. 

I'm giving you a can on Andalucia's behalf.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2011, 04:22:03 am »

The King's Speech was awesome. My friends all came out of it pissed off that the idea of royalty still exists. I realized... it really doesn't bother me.

First movie I have seen in a while where I cannot think of any flaw.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2011, 02:09:08 am »

a preview i just saw of an upcoming movie:

hesher

i look forward to seeing rainn wilson do drama.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2011, 09:34:29 am »

G.N.A.R.
(full movie.)

I found this movie because while I was skiing a difficult line under a chairlift, someone going up shouted "I'm the best skiier on the mountain!"

How do you respond to that? Once I got home I had to google that, and I found GNAR. I have watched this movie maybe 8 times now and have now have sought out and watched many other Shane McConkey videos.

It is hilarious, irreverent, in poor taste and makes me laugh every time I watch it. Get a bunch of your friends together and put it on. Doesn't matter if you ski or not, you will laugh.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2011, 07:32:04 pm »

started watching a Tyler Perry movie last night. Really into it, in a weird way. It was almost like two different movies mashed together, because half of it was really serious drama, and the other half was zany fart comedy. It would transition from a rape scene to a bunch of old black ladies smoking pot and farting. Really really bizarre.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35   Go Up