Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You..Are..Rad

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: Some movies I just saw  (Read 97098 times)

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #105 on: March 24, 2011, 04:33:51 pm »

I haven't seen it yet because it's still being made but I just gave some Kickstarter money to a documentary on designer board games. It looks to be the tits.

Please keep us (me) apprised of this. I'm curious about it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #106 on: March 24, 2011, 04:43:22 pm »

Please keep us (me) apprised of this. I'm curious about it.

Will do. You can watch the "trailer" here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/LorienGreen/going-cardboard-a-board-game-documentary-0
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2011, 04:55:43 pm »

Thank you, sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2011, 02:01:21 am »

We are in the middle of Inception. I am too annoyed to go back and see if this has been discussed, I just need to rant.

So I read the description when the movie arrived: the main premise is that it's possible to manipulate a person's dreams.

There are, oh, ten thousand things you could do with that concept. And my thought upon reading the description was "oh god, it is not possible that Hollywood is going to do something good with this." Out of the ten thousand possibilities, I had no doubt that they were not going to choose a good one,

And yeah: basically the only thing Hollywood knows how to do is explosions, car crashes, and shooting, so that is the only way they can think of to execute this concept.

Also, there are only two women in the whole movie and is it just me or are they both terrible actresses?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #109 on: March 27, 2011, 02:06:15 am »

when christopher nolan and a huge amount of money love each other very much, sometimes there are tons of explosions.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2011, 02:13:43 am »

OMG and here is this totally insane line from the review in the Washington Post:

Quote
Nolan, who reportedly used as few computer effects as possible while shooting "Inception,"

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2011, 02:18:19 am »

Also there is basically nothing in this movie that is dreamlike. Unless other people's dreams have a hell of a lot more special effects and car chases and explosions than mine do, they have completely failed to evoke anything reminiscent of actual dreams.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2011, 02:25:09 am »

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2011, 02:30:25 am »

Thanks. I think.

OK one more thing before I read that thread: When you write something - such as a movie script - and it is hard to understand and/or follow, that does not make you smart. This seems to be a commonly held misconception. But what it actually makes you is a bad writer.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #114 on: March 27, 2011, 07:40:38 am »

Fuck Wombat, it's a Batman movie, you should know better.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2011, 01:16:03 pm »

I'm not sure I ever saw a Batman movie. But it was a movie picked out by the Tech Staff which maybe should have been a warning in itself.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #116 on: March 28, 2011, 08:35:16 pm »

Thanks. I think.

OK one more thing before I read that thread: When you write something - such as a movie script - and it is hard to understand and/or follow, that does not make you smart. This seems to be a commonly held misconception. But what it actually makes you is a bad writer.

This is why I still can't decide if I actually like David Foster Wallace. He tends to veer into "I don't understand this at all so it must be brilliant" territory
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #117 on: March 28, 2011, 08:38:22 pm »

This is why I still can't decide if I actually like David Foster Wallace. He tends to veer into "I don't understand this at all so it must be brilliant" territory

Ding-ding-ding-ding-ding. Sorry, I know as a lit-hipster I am supposed to be down with him, but I can't hang.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #118 on: March 28, 2011, 10:59:21 pm »

I just saw"the Illusionist" which was wonderful.  It's made by the same folks who made The Triplets of Belleville, (which is one of the most enchanting animated films ever made if you haven't yet seen it).  Both these film are the epitome of French enchanted melancholy I adore.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #119 on: March 28, 2011, 11:31:01 pm »

I just saw"the Illusionist" which was wonderful.  It's made by the same folks who made The Triplets of Belleville, (which is one of the most enchanting animated films ever made if you haven't yet seen it).  Both these film are the epitome of French enchanted melancholy I adore.

that is a preview for the movie "source code".....
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35   Go Up