Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
The tip jar is broken, but Wombat will entertain bribe offers, assuming she can find this edit screen again.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: Some movies I just saw  (Read 97538 times)

0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #135 on: April 01, 2011, 11:43:00 pm »

OMG, horrible flash back of an audition where I had to say the line "why do they call you Dr. Tongue." Eventually I just walked out of that audition.

That's gotta be sci-fi or porn.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #136 on: April 02, 2011, 12:45:26 am »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #137 on: April 06, 2011, 11:42:38 am »

this is the best thread i could think of to add this:

Will & Jaden Smith team up with M. Night Shyamalan

the amount of comedic gold in the comment section is a miracle.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #138 on: April 10, 2011, 09:12:44 pm »

Inception. The sweetie didn't like it, but I thought it was pretty good - but maybe not 8.9 good.

Also, Silent Hill. Not a great movie. However, it got us futzing around on the internet, because the movie/video game concept is in part based on Centralia, PA (the town that was condemned for the underground coal fire). And then we found the google map, surprisingly with some street view in there. It looks like the video game or the movie!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #139 on: April 10, 2011, 09:44:43 pm »

Centralia, PA (the town that was condemned for the underground coal fire).

every once in a while the local news will do a piece about how the last few holdouts are fighting 'the man' to stay in their beloved, toxic, condemned town.

also, i just watched "The Langoliers".  im not proud of it; that movie sucked.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #140 on: April 10, 2011, 11:36:37 pm »

I watched Paper Heart.  It had it's moments, but it's psudo-documentary style had me questioning it's artificiality through out, which made it hard to connect with.

Also saw I Love You Phillip Morris which was an odd one. It had it's moments too.  I read up on the true story it was based on afterward, and I think they could have done a better job of interpreting it.  Interesting though.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #141 on: April 10, 2011, 11:56:44 pm »

Can someone remind me to just stop watching movies already? In the last two weeks I saw Inception and Jane Eyre and both made me want to moan and rend my garments and lament that I would never get those hours of my life back. I mean, those are two movies that couldn't be about more different things. Obviously I just don't like movies and there is no point in trying to change this.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #142 on: April 11, 2011, 02:59:09 am »

Can someone remind me to just stop watching movies already? In the last two weeks I saw Inception and Jane Eyre and both made me want to moan and rend my garments and lament that I would never get those hours of my life back. I mean, those are two movies that couldn't be about more different things. Obviously I just don't like movies and there is no point in trying to change this.

It is O.K. to not like movies.  You are still rad even if you do not like movies.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #143 on: April 11, 2011, 03:16:48 am »

Thank you!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #144 on: April 11, 2011, 03:50:20 am »

Can someone remind me to just stop watching movies already? In the last two weeks I saw Inception and Jane Eyre and both made me want to moan and rend my garments and lament that I would never get those hours of my life back. I mean, those are two movies that couldn't be about more different things. Obviously I just don't like movies and there is no point in trying to change this.

Seriously, fuck movies. You like whatever you want to like, W.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #145 on: April 11, 2011, 04:34:07 am »

I watched Paul last night.  That was a really fun movie.  Lots of in jokes for comic book geeks too.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #146 on: April 11, 2011, 08:16:06 am »

I watched Paul last night.  That was a really fun movie.  Lots of in jokes for comic book geeks too.

Worth my 10 bucks? I love those guys in Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, but I'm worried that I might dislike them in a Will Ferrel movie.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #147 on: April 11, 2011, 01:43:58 pm »

New Yorker was disappointed with it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #148 on: April 11, 2011, 05:26:50 pm »

Worth my 10 bucks? I love those guys in Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, but I'm worried that I might dislike them in a Will Ferrel movie.

I couldn't say.  I quite like Will Ferrell, but he's hit or miss with me.  Some of his stuff is meh and some of it is hilarious.  This movie didn't have me rolling, but it was fun throughout and it had a sweet side which I liked.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #149 on: April 11, 2011, 06:01:12 pm »

New Yorker was disappointed with it.

I really sway between caring what reviewers think and not giving a toss. But then how do you avoid wasting a lot of time with stuff that's shit. This is even harder with music.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35   Go Up