Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: Some movies I just saw  (Read 97085 times)

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #150 on: April 11, 2011, 06:03:40 pm »

I really sway between caring what reviewers think and not giving a toss. But then how do you avoid wasting a lot of time with stuff that's shit. This is even harder with music.

The New Yorker's reviewers have started to move toward liking things that real people like. I think the things they said about this movie are probably accurate, as well - but they're not terribly fond of biological humor. Their taste in music is often not compatible with my own.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #151 on: April 11, 2011, 10:05:17 pm »

Currently in the middle of Silent Movie. Not holding up as well as some of his other stuff. This is fun, though:

Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #152 on: April 12, 2011, 01:19:18 pm »

Currently in the middle of Silent Movie. Not holding up as well as some of his other stuff. This is fun, though:



It's a Paleo-Goatse!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #153 on: April 12, 2011, 06:31:40 pm »

Getting ready to watch Vampyr. This is the second time I've rented it. I didn't get to it the first time and had to go back to work.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #154 on: April 13, 2011, 04:52:59 pm »

Vampyr was solid. Just watched City of God. Fun times!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #155 on: April 13, 2011, 08:37:40 pm »

Just watched Next Stop, Greenwich Village. Not terrible. Bill Murray with one line, Chris Walken, Antonio Fargas and Jeff Goldblum in supporting roles, and Shelly Winters devouring the scenery as the stereotypical Jewish mother.

This was posted with/from my phone. Kind of a pain in the ass.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #156 on: April 14, 2011, 03:51:00 am »

Vampyr was solid. Just watched City of God. Fun times!

You should check out Bus 174. More fun times.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #157 on: April 14, 2011, 06:01:41 am »

You should check out Bus 174. More fun times.


On list, now.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #158 on: April 24, 2011, 08:32:20 pm »

Exterminating Angel - Luis Buñuel: Pretty interesting flick, and I guess par for the course for him. Surreal. A scathing indictment of the bourgeoisie, or something.
Inside Deep Throat: I think everyone who might be interested in this probably knows pretty much everything it covers. I did enjoy Wes Craven saying that he may have worked in porn, but he wasn't going to say which ones he worked on.
Germany Year Zero - Roberto Rossellini: This was simply amazing. Of course, setting your movie amidst the ruins of Germany post-WWII helps pack a bit of a punch. I don't really know what more to say about it without ruining it - criticism isn't really my milieu.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #159 on: April 26, 2011, 03:38:19 pm »

A Million in the Morning. A movie-watching duration record attempt - 8 competitors and a documentary crew. Things did get a little dicey, but it should have been better.
Making 'The Shining'. Kind of interesting to see how Kubrick worked, and how other people worked with him. I wish this had been longer. Some of the other extras on the DVD are pretty cool, too - there's a bit where they show how they did some of the effects, like the top down view of the maze with Wendy and Danny walking through it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #160 on: April 26, 2011, 06:10:06 pm »

I used to do the same thing after Easter.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #161 on: April 30, 2011, 11:32:08 pm »

Saw The Illusionist. I will see anything with Paul Giamatti in it. Pretty good movie, even if I saw what was going down from Proclaimers distance.

Also, L'Eclisse. I guess this is supposed to be a good movie? I liked two things about this film: a) the two stars are gorgeous, and b) the scenes of the Italian stock exchange were pretty cool.

Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #162 on: May 01, 2011, 12:13:48 am »

I just saw Rio, the latest entry on the family friendly platter. It was fun, but way to many Tiny-Soda jokes.

I was really hoping that was going to be a Duran Duran documentary.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #163 on: May 01, 2011, 01:33:16 am »

Man,  you gotta watch out these days, with the price of concessions going up so much, you could leave hungry - like the wolf.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #164 on: May 01, 2011, 01:53:20 am »

I just saw Rio, the latest entry on the family friendly platter. It was fun, but way to many Tiny-Soda jokes.

That movie's one of those animal cartoons - I wouldn't see it, it doesn't have any girls on film.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35   Go Up