Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

But Pat, the Cure is silly! It is silly to like The Cure!

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: Some movies I just saw  (Read 97374 times)

0 Members and 19 Guests are viewing this topic.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #180 on: May 18, 2011, 10:12:30 pm »

I feel like it would have been a lot better with somebody besides Seth Rogen in the lead. I like him, but he just couldn't do it right.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #181 on: May 18, 2011, 10:19:23 pm »

I feel like it would have been a lot better with somebody besides Seth Rogen in the lead. I like him, but he just couldn't do it right.

Maybe Kevin James?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #182 on: May 19, 2011, 03:38:18 am »

i will for sure not watch that new green hornet movie with seth rogan.  i am getting tired of stoner comedies.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #183 on: May 19, 2011, 02:38:32 pm »

i will for sure not watch that new green hornet movie with seth rogan.  i am getting tired of stoner comedies.

It's too bad the guy playing Kato is supposed to be fantastic, because I'm not watching it either. fuck*ng vanity project.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #184 on: May 22, 2011, 06:26:53 pm »

9. Your typical animated post-apocalyptic rag doll vs. Terminator story.This was pretty good, and very, very pretty to look at. I really enjoyed it.

And, since I was sort of on the subject, District 9. I know, I know, what took me so long? There was some rough, rough shit in this movie. The lead is fantastic, though. He's pretty much hilarious in the extras. Pretty good movie, but I had a tiny bit of trouble with the ending. A little too perfect.

Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #185 on: May 23, 2011, 10:15:18 am »

9. Your typical animated post-apocalyptic rag doll vs. Terminator story.This was pretty good, and very, very pretty to look at. I really enjoyed it.

And, since I was sort of on the subject, District 9. I know, I know, what took me so long? There was some rough, rough shit in this movie. The lead is fantastic, though. He's pretty much hilarious in the extras. Pretty good movie, but I had a tiny bit of trouble with the ending. A little too perfect.

I'm not sure if I'm remembering the very end but if you mean the bit with the flower (I think that's vague enough?) I felt it was conflicted enough, not the worst way things could have turned out for all concerned but a fair way to go before things are hunky dory.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #186 on: May 23, 2011, 07:28:12 pm »

I just thought that was a bit too cute. I was kind of confused about how a prawn would be wandering around town, too, but I guess it wasn't a big deal for them to leave the ghetto.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #187 on: May 24, 2011, 10:29:13 am »

I mean, they might never come back though. With that possibility it could be a really horrible ending in a 'I have no mouth and I must scream' kind of way. But yeah, I can see how you'd feel that way.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #188 on: May 24, 2011, 10:58:39 pm »

The Cincinnati Kid. Steve McQueen, Edward G. Robinson, Rip Torn, Ann-Margret, Karl Malden, Cab fuck*ng Calloway. Also, Ray Charles does the theme song. And it's actually a good movie (poker player McQueen tries to knock out the man, Edward G).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #189 on: May 25, 2011, 12:49:52 am »

"I'm the Cincinnati Kid!" - Bruce McCullough.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #190 on: May 25, 2011, 09:28:17 am »

For some reason I do not think of the name Eric Stoner as a very depression-era name.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #191 on: May 26, 2011, 01:08:46 am »

Just saw the fighter.  I dunno.  Christian Bale does a good job in it, but Wahlbergh isn't very good in this or in general, and thus the movie sort of fails. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #192 on: May 26, 2011, 02:50:11 am »

Just saw the fighter.  I dunno.  Christian Bale does a good job in it, but Wahlbergh isn't very good in this or in general, and thus the movie sort of fails. 

cant you feel the vibrations?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #193 on: May 26, 2011, 04:29:52 am »

I was kind of confused about how a prawn would be wandering around town

I liked the movie, but mostly it just left me craving these little panko-fried shrimp sandwiches/tacos a local food truck sells.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #194 on: May 26, 2011, 04:41:10 am »

Just saw the fighter.  I dunno.  Christian Bale does a good job in it, but Wahlbergh isn't very good in this or in general, and thus the movie sort of fails. 

I'll thank you to have a bit more respect for a member - nay, the leader - of the Funky Bunch.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35   Go Up