Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You..Are..Rad

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: Some movies I just saw  (Read 96946 times)

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #195 on: May 28, 2011, 03:52:04 am »

Just saw Win Win .  It was worth seeing.  I was very impressed with the young actor playing the wrestler - Alex Shaffer - and stunned to learn this was his first acting role.  He out acts Paul Giamatti at some points.  The best thing about this movie is all the things it isn't:  it isn't sappy, it isn't blatant, it doesn't dwell needlessly, and it doesn't pander.  I went in knowing I was about to see a movie about a struggling family who fosters a troubled kid, with cynical expectations of what this movie was going to be.  I was surprised and pleased that they didn't go where I thought they would go with it.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #196 on: May 28, 2011, 07:12:26 am »

Just saw Win Win .

I get free passes to movies sometimes.  I had three opportunities to see this and had a conflict everytime.  It looked good.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #197 on: May 28, 2011, 09:50:19 pm »

Gnomeo and Juliet. I guess I thought it would be...better?
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #198 on: May 29, 2011, 03:56:58 am »

Finally saw Gone With the Wind tonight.  I get Clark Gabel's appeal now.  The second half could have really been tightened up though.  And, you know, the who idealized slavery situation is really meant for a time capsule. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #199 on: May 29, 2011, 04:22:10 am »

Finally saw Gone With the Wind tonight.  I get Clark Gabel's appeal now.  The second half could have really been tightened up though.  And, you know, the who idealized slavery situation is really meant for a time capsule. 

Probably 25% of conversations between my wife and I consist of quotes from that movie.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #200 on: June 12, 2011, 05:38:41 pm »

i just saw "wet hot american summer" and i was a little disappointed.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #201 on: June 12, 2011, 06:54:35 pm »

I just saw Cave of Forgotten Dreams, not in 3D. I saw it in the same theater where a friend dragged me to see Jane Eyre a while ago, which was sheer torture, if I didn't mention this before. So it is hard for me to judge this movie accurately given the comparison - you can imagine how much better I would enjoy a movie with caves, animals, history and science, even if it was a little weird, than an incredibly boring made up story about nineteenth century people and their stupid feelings.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #202 on: June 12, 2011, 07:22:26 pm »

I remember seeing the trailer for that; it looked pretty interesting.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #203 on: June 13, 2011, 07:34:45 pm »

I just saw Cave of Forgotten Dreams, not in 3D. I saw it in the same theater where a friend dragged me to see Jane Eyre a while ago, which was sheer torture, if I didn't mention this before. So it is hard for me to judge this movie accurately given the comparison - you can imagine how much better I would enjoy a movie with caves, animals, history and science, even if it was a little weird, than an incredibly boring made up story about nineteenth century people and their stupid feelings.


Wait. You saw a movie?

Saw Triplets of Belleville, Bus 174, Monsters, Long Hot Summer and While the City Sleeps. Monsters sucked, but the rest were good.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #204 on: June 13, 2011, 08:03:43 pm »

I saw two movies in two months. I'm done for the year.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #205 on: June 13, 2011, 08:04:30 pm »

I saw two movies in two months. I'm done for the year.

Isn't it nice to get things off your list?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #206 on: June 25, 2011, 05:17:02 am »

a night of troubling teenage girl movies:

heavenly creatures
sicilian girl
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #207 on: June 25, 2011, 05:39:36 am »

Rewatching "The House of Yes" while waiting for my damn iOS update to restore so I can go to bed.

Man, Parker Posey is just succulent. Dang.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #208 on: July 05, 2011, 10:19:10 pm »

Penny Arcade mentioned "The Wild Hunt" the other day and I checked it out. It's... actually... very very good, despite being populated by cocks & loonies. And the direction is scarily assured. For a first effort, I found it almost impeccably done (reservations being mostly about the S  P  O  I  L  E  R----------------------------------------- graphic shit-nasty that comes at the end, you'll know when you see it. -------------------------------S  P  O  I  L  E  R)
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #209 on: July 05, 2011, 11:57:06 pm »

Penny Arcade mentioned "The Wild Hunt" the other day and I checked it out. It's... actually... very very good, despite being populated by cocks & loonies. And the direction is scarily assured. For a first effort, I found it almost impeccably done (reservations being mostly about the S  P  O  I  L  E  R----------------------------------------- graphic shit-nasty that comes at the end, you'll know when you see it. -------------------------------S  P  O  I  L  E  R)

it was already in my qway.  i have hell of good taste.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35   Go Up