Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: Some movies I just saw  (Read 96966 times)

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #405 on: May 04, 2012, 07:14:16 pm »

Hey, Joey Shithead!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #406 on: May 05, 2012, 04:34:14 am »

The Avengers. See it.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #407 on: May 05, 2012, 05:06:34 am »

Ha, I just came here to ask if anyone has seen it.

Is it even worth the opening weekend crowds? Keep in mind that I hate crowds.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #408 on: May 05, 2012, 05:24:33 am »

i hate crowds too, and waiting in lines. this is a real audience-friendly film, though, and it felt like the packed house really added to the punch of the whole thing. the jokes were funnier, the action was more intense, and of course seeing it in 3D doesn't hurt a movie like this: downton abbey it ain't.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #409 on: June 04, 2012, 04:52:31 am »

OK, I just saw it today, and I liked it. One of my favorite things about Utah (especially the south part of Salt Lake County and even better and just a bit further south, Utah County) is that theaters are empty on Sunday mornings. But I do get what you said about the packed house adding to the whole thing. There were only two other people, and lines that got a chuckle out of me were met with silence by those guys. The only laugh the movie got out of them was when the Hulk punched Thor when they were fighting together at the end. But yeah, it kicked ass for the most part. I hope Whedon does the sequel.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #410 on: June 04, 2012, 06:09:43 am »

if anybody reading gets the chance, check out the new flick "God Bless America" starring Joel Murray, Bill's youngest acting brother, and written and directed by Bobcat Goldthwaite. The missus and I watched it last night, and really enjoyed it for what it is: a funny revenge fantasy focused on reality TV and the death of civility in American culture. It's on demand with a lot of cable companies (comcast for certian, via experience) and probably won't see much of a theatric release or award season acclaim, regardless whether it deserves either.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #411 on: June 04, 2012, 08:17:38 pm »

I saw Dark Shadows on the weekend, which was wonderful.  Very much in the style Tm Burton does best.  I liked it a lot more than his version of Alice in Wonderland.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #412 on: June 04, 2012, 09:05:43 pm »

I saw Dark Shadows on the weekend, which was wonderful.  Very much in the style Tm Burton does best.  I liked it a lot more than his version of Alice in Wonderland.

i kind of want to see that even though i was only ever vaguely aware of the show as a kid.

also, what i did see recently:

The Grey (this made me think of nabu in the most discomforting way)
Dead man's Shoes
District B13 (i saw this before, but i watched it again recently.  its a hell of a fun  action movie.  if you can help it dont watch the dubbed version.  the dubs make it clown-y and ruin the "dry french wit".  also, badass parkour stunts.)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 09:34:42 pm by greenkoolayd »
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #413 on: June 05, 2012, 12:16:37 am »

I saw Dark Shadows on the weekend, which was wonderful.  Very much in the style Tm Burton does best.  I liked it a lot more than his version of Alice in Wonderland.

I thought I loved Tim Burton movies (despite not liking movies much at all, as some of you may recall) until I made the mistake of seeing that awful Sleepy Holllow one. Now I'm afraid to see any more.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #414 on: June 05, 2012, 12:38:32 am »

I thought I loved Tim Burton movies (despite not liking movies much at all, as some of you may recall) until I made the mistake of seeing that awful Sleepy Holllow one. Now I'm afraid to see any more.

Yeah, Sleepy Hollow was a real disappointment.  I'd suggest giving Dark Shadows a try - there's a sense of humour to it that I appreciated.  I only had the vaguest of memories of the soap opera it's based on.  It isn't a perfect movie, but it's a fun movie.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #415 on: June 05, 2012, 03:30:27 am »

isnt chloe moretz in it?  if she keeps playing her cards right, she's gonna fuckin go places.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #416 on: June 05, 2012, 03:20:49 pm »

She was.  I don't think I've ever seen her in anything else, but she did a good job playing a sullen teen.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #417 on: June 05, 2012, 03:37:48 pm »

find/rent/pirate/whatever the following films:
- Hugo
- Let Me In (also its original, Let the Right One In, from Sweden, for comparison's sake)
- Kick-Ass
they're her three biggest roles, and show why she keeps getting work. she's only 15 and already incredibly successful and talented. she's also done a couple of episodes of 30 rock as a foil to jack and i'm going to quit before this starts to sound too creepy. i swear i'm not perving out.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #418 on: June 05, 2012, 09:54:57 pm »

I just really hope she doesn't flame out, that seems to happen a lot to really successful and talented young women in Hollywood.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #419 on: June 06, 2012, 04:15:37 pm »

Evilspeak. Whoa! I think it was actually... really good? I normally hate scary movies, paranormal movies, etc. But I really liked this one.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35   Go Up