Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35   Go Down

Author Topic: Some movies I just saw  (Read 97064 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #465 on: January 17, 2014, 11:47:23 pm »

there's like three lines of dialog in valhalla rising, and none of them matter. i fell asleep the first three times i tried to watch it.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #466 on: January 18, 2014, 01:56:57 am »

there's like three lines of dialog in valhalla rising, and none of them matter. i fell asleep the first three times i tried to watch it.

not enough boobs, huh?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #467 on: January 18, 2014, 03:48:30 am »

don't get me wrong, i like boobs. i just don't deem them mandatory for any movie. valhalla rising bored me to sleep three times. i watched it a fourth time out of spite and completionism.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #468 on: January 18, 2014, 11:02:18 am »

The idea of watching television or film for nudity seems so goshed darn quaint what with the internet existing and all.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #469 on: January 18, 2014, 05:41:55 pm »

When I used to endlessly search through TV guide for movies with boobies, I knew that N meant Nudity, but thought that BN meant Breast-Nudity.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #470 on: January 18, 2014, 09:09:38 pm »

Doesn't it mean "Buck Nekkid"?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #471 on: January 19, 2014, 06:39:32 pm »

Isn't that a FTM porn star?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #472 on: January 20, 2014, 02:36:10 am »

just got back from the theater after seeing "Her" - wow. just wow. better than it had any right to be, even considering the talent packing its roster.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #473 on: January 20, 2014, 05:27:15 am »

Do you want to start wearing high-waisted wool ##### and soft-shouldered blazers, or was that just a preexisting condition on my part?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #474 on: January 20, 2014, 05:54:59 am »

yeah nope. as we were leaving the theater, i suggested to the missus my surprise that samantha didn't order him any new shirts with pockets that fit her case, to keep him having to ruin more shirts with safety pins.

and be careful with those high-waisted #####. they make a dude's ass look awful.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #475 on: January 20, 2014, 07:02:47 pm »

I wish there were some more private way to share a picture of my roommate who dresses and grooms exactly like that guy. Mustache and messy hair and clothes and all. I will not comment on personality similarities.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #476 on: February 17, 2015, 04:48:23 am »

I had not seen The Royal Tenenbaums in years and I watched it with my sister. I had forgotten about a certain scene (probably no spoilers, this is just a song that is in the scene) and just couldn't take it.
I like Wes Anderson a lot, but I feel like compared to that all his other movies are pretty fluffy.

Although, last time I watched Life Aquatic it was a lot darker than I remembered. Maybe as I get older dark stuff isn't that funny to me anymore.

Also, something about watching movies with my sister is just perfect. I am really enjoying realizing that my siblings are adults. We went to see Inherent Vice over winter break and it was really enjoyable.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #477 on: March 17, 2015, 07:38:26 am »

Saw Boyhood tonight. Very delightful movie. It's kinda long so there's no way Wombat would enjoy it. I loved it! It's set in Texas and partially in Houston. I recognized a lot of the locations. I knew it was Richard Linklater, but it was never mentioned that it was based in Texas. I don't know if that skewed my enjoyment. I think I would have loved it anyway, but that fact was a nice bonus.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #478 on: March 17, 2015, 02:02:43 pm »

Really want to see it, waiting for it to hit Netflix.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #479 on: March 17, 2015, 05:02:56 pm »

Really want to see it, waiting for it to hit Netflix.

Well I'm sending my copy back today so maybe they'll mail it to you tomorrow.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35   Go Up