Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: It's A Virtual Costume Party!  (Read 22255 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: It's A Virtual Costume Party!
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2010, 01:40:24 am »

I am a happily committed dude and you are a happily married woman and so it is not awkward to tell you that such a costume is an incredibly transgressively hot idea, right?

Because it totally is.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: It's A Virtual Costume Party!
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2010, 04:13:05 am »

Lots of looking into to the mirror and saying "Oh Boy!".
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: It's A Virtual Costume Party!
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2010, 08:02:08 am »

Lots of looking into to the mirror and saying "Oh Boy!".

Basically this. Possibly also work out what wrong you need to correct, "No! Uh... don't try the french onion dip, how about some sun-dried tomato instead?"

Also to make your costume less obscure make Pedro dress as Al.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 08:06:26 am by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: It's A Virtual Costume Party!
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2010, 08:06:32 am »

Last Halloween I went as a kitchen.  I just taped shit from my kitchen on to a hoodie.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: It's A Virtual Costume Party!
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2010, 12:33:06 pm »

Last Halloween I went as a kitchen.  I just taped shit from my kitchen on to a hoodie.

rad idea.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: It's A Virtual Costume Party!
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2010, 12:43:03 pm »

Lots of looking into to the mirror and saying "Oh Boy!".

And pretending not to recognize people at first. Or know basic things about yourself.

It would be hard to fake having 9 PhDs, though.

I am a happily committed dude and you are a happily married woman and so it is not awkward to tell you that such a costume is an incredibly transgressively hot idea, right?

Because it totally is.

Please tell me you've see Victor Victoria. Please. OMG, Julie Andrews is so fine in that movie. Oooh, it came out in '82, I could totally go as Victoria Grant. And Pedro could go as Toddy! Heh heh heh.

No, actually I think we decided last night that we're going as Roger and Jessica Rabbit. I'm going to need some heavy-duty spanx and one heck of a push-up bra...
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: It's A Virtual Costume Party!
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2010, 03:09:51 pm »

I was the king of lazy costumes in college.

One year, I had a hoodie and cheap sunglasses. Unabomber!

Another, I just wore a tan long-sleeve shirt and tan Dockers. I told people I was a sand dune.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: It's A Virtual Costume Party!
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2010, 04:21:29 pm »

I had a friend who always went as a serial killer because "they look just like everyone else."
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: It's A Virtual Costume Party!
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2010, 04:40:58 pm »

My most inspired costume as an adult, though, was The Ghost of George Lucas's integrity.

Fake beard, talcum to look ghost-like, red hat, flannel shirt and a lot of remaindered Jar-Jar toys on paperclip chains around my upper body.

I was pretty proud of that shit.

(jayelle, why can't you be Roger and your husband be Jessica?)
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: It's A Virtual Costume Party!
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2010, 05:21:50 pm »

(jayelle, why can't you be Roger and your husband be Jessica?)
Because that would make baby jeebus cry.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: It's A Virtual Costume Party!
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2010, 05:32:21 pm »

(jayelle, why can't you be Roger and your husband be Jessica?)

He doesn't have the legs for Jessica, and I don't have the energy to hop around like a maniac all night.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: It's A Virtual Costume Party!
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2010, 01:45:40 am »

It would be hard to fake having 9 PhDs, though.
  If Scott Bakula could pull it off, I see no reason why you can't.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Re: It's A Virtual Costume Party!
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2010, 02:00:33 am »

(jayelle, why can't you be Roger and your husband be Jessica?)

There are already enough pictures of me in drag to keep me out of public office. Too many more, and the great state will try to take my children away.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: It's A Virtual Costume Party!
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2010, 02:08:17 am »

  If Scott Bakula could pull it off, I see no reason why you can't.

Oh, Smells, you flatter me! I could do five, at best.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: It's A Virtual Costume Party!
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2010, 02:22:08 am »

Actually, if you went as Sam Beckett-as-a-lady and then your fella went as Captain Archer from ENTERPRISE, that'd be Full Geek Win.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up