Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: It's A Virtual Costume Party!  (Read 22280 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: It's A Virtual Costume Party!
« Reply #105 on: October 27, 2010, 02:21:02 pm »

I'm apparently going as a Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear volunteer
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: It's A Virtual Costume Party!
« Reply #106 on: October 27, 2010, 11:52:01 pm »

Personally, this Halloween my costume will be "guy on vacation who gives not one shit about Halloween.  On vacation."

Hey, me too. I already have the costume and even got a good deal on airfare and lodging.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: It's A Virtual Costume Party!
« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2010, 03:53:43 pm »

Saw some folks last night really dressed to the nines for the Trailer Park Boys. That was fun, until it devolved into some ugliness.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: It's A Virtual Costume Party!
« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2010, 01:27:54 am »

Pics of my kids in their costumes at the "We can't call it Halloween but dress up anyway" party at my son's school:


Yeah, I sprayed my two-year-old's hair pink and purple. That's a thing I did.

So worth it.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: It's A Virtual Costume Party!
« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2010, 01:53:27 am »

I was sure that the reality of "Elmo dressed as a ghost" could never match the awesomeness of the pure idea of it, but I was wrong.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: It's A Virtual Costume Party!
« Reply #110 on: October 29, 2010, 02:06:52 am »

I was sure that the reality of "Elmo dressed as a ghost" could never match the awesomeness of the pure idea of it, but I was wrong.

I only wish I'd caught him on video walking around going "oOoOoOoOoOoOo" in falsetto.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: It's A Virtual Costume Party!
« Reply #111 on: October 29, 2010, 02:22:04 am »

Would you mind if I posted that picture everywhere on the internet that I can think of? It is too good not to share.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: It's A Virtual Costume Party!
« Reply #112 on: October 29, 2010, 02:46:28 am »

Go for it. But you have to tell everyone that it was all the five-year-old's idea.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: It's A Virtual Costume Party!
« Reply #113 on: October 29, 2010, 03:51:56 am »

That is, indeed, a sweet costume.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: It's A Virtual Costume Party!
« Reply #114 on: October 29, 2010, 04:51:28 am »

Props to the costume.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: It's A Virtual Costume Party!
« Reply #115 on: October 29, 2010, 10:49:16 am »

And an excellent looking chain. Is that foam?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: It's A Virtual Costume Party!
« Reply #116 on: October 29, 2010, 01:47:26 pm »

It's plastic. I didn't make it; I was going to make one from slices of foam conduit insulation, but then I saw this pre-made molded plastic chain at Halloween Express and decided it was worth $7.99 not to have to make a trip to the hardware store.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: It's A Virtual Costume Party!
« Reply #117 on: October 29, 2010, 06:03:50 pm »

a lady made this dude an animatronic krang costume.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: It's A Virtual Costume Party!
« Reply #118 on: October 29, 2010, 10:31:01 pm »

That's a pretty solid costume as well, and I don't even know what it's in reference to.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: It's A Virtual Costume Party!
« Reply #119 on: October 29, 2010, 10:33:46 pm »

That's a pretty solid costume as well, and I don't even know what it's in reference to.

krang is a villain from teenage mutant ninja turtles.  krang is a brain.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Up