Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts  (Read 28843 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2011, 01:33:48 am »

my dad is into strategy games, and plays one scenario over and over on progressively harder difficulty settings until he thinks he has mastered it. (IE, he has beaten it on every difficulty setting.)

He won't try Civ V, though. I want him to play it and like it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2011, 02:36:13 am »

my dad is into strategy games, and plays one scenario over and over on progressively harder difficulty settings until he thinks he has mastered it. (IE, he has beaten it on every difficulty setting.)

He won't try Civ V, though. I want him to play it and like it.

Does he play other Civ type games?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #107 on: March 03, 2011, 03:51:33 am »

I would say so. He likes strategy board games (Risk, Stratego), and games like Age of Empires. He also likes sim city, and once made a complete model of LA in the game. You know, so he could try to un-fuck-up the bad parts. This seems like a thing I would like to do. I remember he was impressed that he did a good enough job/the game engine did a good enough job that the right parts of LA turned all fucked up and burned out, prosperous, etc.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #108 on: March 03, 2011, 03:56:20 am »

I would say so. He likes strategy board games (Risk, Stratego), and games like Age of Empires. He also likes sim city, and once made a complete model of LA in the game. You know, so he could try to un-fuck-up the bad parts. This seems like a thing I would like to do. I remember he was impressed that he did a good enough job/the game engine did a good enough job that the right parts of LA turned all fucked up and burned out, prosperous, etc.

That is extremely awesome. I'm giving you a can for your dad.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #109 on: March 03, 2011, 01:59:35 pm »

I would say so. He likes strategy board games (Risk, Stratego), and games like Age of Empires. He also likes sim city, and once made a complete model of LA in the game. You know, so he could try to un-fuck-up the bad parts. This seems like a thing I would like to do. I remember he was impressed that he did a good enough job/the game engine did a good enough job that the right parts of LA turned all fucked up and burned out, prosperous, etc.

Now I'm wondering if he'd like Small World. I'm guessing no since most people like to describe it as "like Risk, but fun." So to anybody who actually likes Risk I'm sure it SW would be a dumbed-down crime against strategy.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #110 on: March 07, 2011, 04:48:05 am »

OMG, so excited, just have to share.

For my brother's birthday, which isn't 'til May but which we'll be celebrating when he comes to visit in April, I got him a collector's edition metal Vault-Tec lunchbox, six authentic Nuka Cola bottlecaps, and a Vault Boy bobblehead!

I'm so pumped right now that I could take down a Deathclaw with a pocket knife! He has an extensive collection of sports (hockey) memorabilia, it's his main hobby (other than video games), but he loves collectibles in general (always has had what we call "Poke-brain" -- gotta catch 'em all) and since gaming is the main thing we have in common, I think this will really mean a lot to him. Plus, I was able to snag all of it on eBay for just about $50, which is the limit we decided on years ago.

(I was clever and bought the lunchbox and bobblehead from the same person even though the price+shipping was higher, I got them to combine shipping and dropped the price significantly. I thought I was going to have to pay $50 for the bobblehead alone. Win for me.)

So I am totally stoked and can not WAIT for this stuff to start arriving in the mail. Now I've just gotta figure out how to get a copy of the New Vegas collector's shwag for less than $80, I'll have Christmas covered, too.

Hmmm, the PC version is $10 cheaper. Inev, if I buy the collector's edition of New Vegas and keep the stuff, you wanna buy the game disk for $20? He's already got it for xBox, so he doesn't need the disk.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #111 on: March 07, 2011, 08:06:31 am »

Quote from: jay-ell
I'm so pumped right now that I could take down a Deathclaw with a pocket knife!

This sounds like a line from "Battlefield Earth" to me.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #112 on: March 07, 2011, 06:35:19 pm »

unfortunately, I now have a Mac. If you found a Mac copy of the Collector's Edition I would do this, totally.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #113 on: March 08, 2011, 06:35:11 pm »

J, that is fuck*ng awesome. If I had those items, I would put them in a case in my bar.

In lieu of that, I'm finally going to get my Boilerplate* print and Bear Boy original framed, so I can hang them before our bandroom-warming party.

*For some reason, I can't find the specific print on his site. It's a cross between Boilerplate and Dreams of a Rarebit Fiend, by Windsor McCay.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #114 on: March 08, 2011, 06:56:19 pm »

Holy crapsticks, the arrived today. She actually sent the original clear molded plastic piece that holds the bobblehead in the lunchbox. It's pristine -- it looks like I went to a store and bought it off the shelf.

Fantabulous. I'm so stoked.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #115 on: March 10, 2011, 09:10:46 pm »

I'm afraid to do a Google Image Search on "Bear Boy".
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2011, 05:05:51 pm »

I'm afraid to do a Google Image Search on "Bear Boy".

I linked to it! Just click the link - it's a PBF strip.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #117 on: March 19, 2011, 05:48:18 am »

Oh man, I totally forgot how much I've enjoyed some of those strips.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #118 on: June 04, 2011, 03:37:29 pm »

JL -

Did you ever present that bobblehead? And also, did you ever see this? There are some NV spoilers, but you can skip them and just look at the pictures.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #119 on: June 04, 2011, 10:00:10 pm »

I did! He loved it. Before he left he was talking with his wife about exactly where he was going to display it.

I'll have to check that link later -- gotta go cook supper.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up