Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts  (Read 28779 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #120 on: June 05, 2011, 02:45:30 pm »

When you're checking out links, check out this one.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #121 on: June 05, 2011, 04:52:37 pm »

Heh, that second one is funny. Someone had too much time on his hands though.

The first one, the tour of the Mojave...that is just beautiful. I want to do something like that for DC now. Do you know if it's been done already?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #122 on: June 06, 2011, 05:53:12 am »

There's this German site, but it's pretty thin. There may be others.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #123 on: June 07, 2011, 01:11:10 pm »

Oh, by the way, I've finished the main quest for New Vegas, Dead Money, and Honest Hearts. Let me know if you want me to post a mini-review of either of the DLC for you. I enjoyed them both, but they could not be more different from one another and still belong in the same game.

Old World Blues comes out in 7 days. I don't think I'll be able to play it right away, though, because my kids' last day of school is Friday. I won't really have any time to play until after the 4th of July, and by then it'll be almost time for Lonesome Road, which is the one I *really* want to see.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #124 on: June 07, 2011, 03:50:00 pm »

I'm not sure if any of those are out for the PC - that's the platform I ended buying it on, since my PS3 version of FO3 was so buggy after the DLCs came out. I'll maybe wait for the full package.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #125 on: June 07, 2011, 06:57:01 pm »

The Fallout wikia tells me they first two were delayed-release for PC, but they are both available now.

I just meant, you know, if you were interested in what they were about so you could decide if you wanted to buy either of them. They're $10 each (on XBox at least), which is pretty cheap compared to the expansions for FO3, but they are also not as comprehensive.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #126 on: June 08, 2011, 07:30:14 pm »

Oh, absolutely - school me!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #127 on: September 25, 2011, 03:50:27 am »

Wow, I never saw your post and now I feel like a dick for never getting back to you.

I am novelizing the DLC, starting with the last one (because I thought of doing it after I'd already finished the other 3 and it's easiest to capture when I can play a bit, write a bit, play a bit more). It is chock full of terrible spoilers so if you don't want to read it that's cool, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

I mean, it basically tells the story as I experienced it so if you don't reading the book before you see the movie then you're not going to want to read this at all.

http://jadewalks.blogspot.com/2011/09/9172282.html
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #128 on: March 29, 2012, 05:43:59 am »

My first thought, on starting to play FO3 that I borrowed from a friend, is that this game is a lot creepier than Skyrim. In Skyrim if I got overloaded with adrenaline from fighting zombies in a crypt or something, I could bail and walk around a pretty field for a while.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #129 on: March 29, 2012, 12:56:33 pm »

There are definitely some creepier parts. I had more than one nightmare about FO3.

New Vegas is a bit lighter, overall. It has dark parts -- especially in first expansion, Dead Money -- but there is some silliness and humor that is a little harder to come by in FO3, and you spent about four times as much time outdoors. However, I prefer the story and setting of the Capital Wasteland, and Three Dog (have you heard of Three Dog yet, Inev?) is much more fun than Mr. New Vegas, IMHO.

Awww. I loaned out my copy last week, otherwise I would be very tempted to start another playthrough. But, I still haven't finished LA Noire. I think I'm close to being done, but it's hard to tell because they just threw me a major curveball.

Do you have any of the expansions? I highly recommend Broken Steel if you can borrow it -- that way you can continue indefinitely after you've completed the main storyline, which is nice for getting all those side quests done.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #130 on: April 14, 2012, 08:43:43 pm »

Why is everything Bethesda makes for the PS3 horribly fucked up?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2012, 07:44:23 pm »

Picked up New Vegas the other day, and now I'm rummaging through this thread looking for crumbs.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #132 on: July 20, 2012, 09:38:24 pm »

I miss this game so much.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #133 on: July 20, 2012, 11:45:49 pm »

Did someone bogart your copy?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #134 on: July 21, 2012, 12:48:19 am »

No, but I've beaten it and all the expansions. And I haven't had much time for games of choice lately -- seems like every time I play a game these days it's because I have to review it.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up