Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey everybody, let's run a country!  (Read 17104 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Hey everybody, let's run a country!
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2010, 01:56:43 am »

Does that mean 8 percent want to keep it? Is that a massive sampling error or something?

Doc . . . . my name's broke bad . . . can you fix it?

/old western
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Hey everybody, let's run a country!
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2010, 02:03:34 am »

Huh. Somehow I've been mentally skipping the middle bu for however long.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Hey everybody, let's run a country!
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2010, 02:10:57 am »

Huh. Somehow I've been mentally skipping the middle bu for however long.

Dude! That's the most important part!

Yeah, that's easy for you to say . . . You have a cool-sounding name.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Hey everybody, let's run a country!
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2010, 02:18:01 am »

Quote
Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Hey everybody, let's run a country!
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2010, 03:46:00 am »

I'm quoting Wombat Quoting me here.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Hey everybody, let's run a country!
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2010, 01:44:21 pm »

Things may have gotten a little esoteric there.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Hey everybody, let's run a country!
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2010, 02:27:58 pm »

I just wanna watch and see if six years is enough for Auggie to go all Stockholm over Rand Paul or if it's gonna take a second term.

It hasn't happened yet after 25 years of Mitch fuck*ng Mcconnell, so I wouldn't hold my breath.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Hey everybody, let's run a country!
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2010, 03:02:20 pm »

I'm pleased to discover that we dodged Dudley. I was worried there for a bit.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: Hey everybody, let's run a country!
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2010, 05:19:07 pm »

One good thing - I got put on one of them there Death Panels.

do what now?
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Hey everybody, let's run a country!
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2010, 05:27:58 pm »

It's like jury duty, but with a higher per diem.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Hey everybody, let's run a country!
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2010, 05:30:34 pm »

Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Hey everybody, let's run a country!
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2010, 06:49:40 pm »



click for fullsize
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Hey everybody, let's run a country!
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2010, 10:48:26 pm »

I'm pleased to discover that we dodged Dudley. I was worried there for a bit.

I'm part of Oregon's "I've been here for years".
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: Hey everybody, let's run a country!
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2010, 09:12:50 pm »

Any one else having spontaneous outbreaks of the Gridlock Happy-Dance?

when i was young, i thought gridlock was evil.  how much progress was stopped simply due to people not agreeing.

now that i am older, i dedicate all my spare time to the building of a time travel device to go back in time and kick my ass for being so stupid.

Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Hey everybody, let's run a country!
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2010, 09:17:13 pm »

As an arachno capitalist, I'm happy as a pig in pig food about the idea that the federal government has managed to find itself in a situation where it  can't do anything to me.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up