Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Signs of End Times  (Read 5575 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Signs of End Times
« on: November 21, 2010, 09:42:44 pm »

Post your links and pics of things that lead you to believe we are all going to hell in a hand basket here.

Chia Obama

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Signs of End Times
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 10:38:22 pm »

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Signs of End Times
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 11:59:48 pm »

For me, ##### Off Dance Off is good news for the future, other than the lady I saw was too skinny for my taste.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Signs of End Times
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 03:08:39 am »

For me, ##### Off Dance Off is good news for the future, other than the lady I saw was too skinny for my taste.

jodi sweetin was the host of that show for a hot minute.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Signs of End Times
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 03:42:36 am »

That completely distracted me from watching football for 5min.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Signs of End Times
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 06:41:02 pm »

I was unable to link to the Canadian version, which was far less entertaining, and more... uncoordinated, arrogant people dancing.  Admittedly the American version is less a sign of end times.

M Knit Shyamalan
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Signs of End Times
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 09:25:51 pm »

M Knit Shyamalan

Those are so weird they are cool.  If I could wear one more than once or twice a decade I would buy one.

Wait!  I am planning that trip up to Minnesota in Feb.  Maybe I need it for then?  Nah, I it would be a crime to cover this beautiful face.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Signs of End Times
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 11:07:53 pm »

I can't imagine you'd ever need one with that magnificent 'stache.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Signs of End Times
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 12:16:03 am »

You could totally make holes for the Stache.  That would increase the WTF factor dramatically.

That one on the right was a little Klanny for my tastes.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Signs of End Times
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 11:13:46 pm »

wikiHow: Host a Dog Wedding.

Quote
Decide on the formality of the occasion. Is it serious, or just a casual affair to have fun at?

Quote
No matter how "serious" you consider the occasion to be, the dogs probably don't feel the same way about it.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Signs of End Times
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2010, 02:17:58 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP73cK3GXdo - Asst. Tres Sec Kashkari didn't know or care how or where the $700,000,000,000 TARP funds went. We still don't know to this day. Theres hundreds of criminal trials going on to figure it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1PEdYYv0ig - Theres no exit strategy.

Financial Armageddon and the resulting overnight government expenditure of nearly a trillion dollars - and the unaccountability for where that money went. That is a sign of the end times to me. To live in a time where that kind of shenanigans goes down - that kind of society isn't constructing a solid base for the future. And here we are.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Signs of End Times
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2010, 02:38:23 am »

I totally believe you, but what do we do? Do I keep writing a book that's not supposed to come out till next fall and believe that there will still be publishing companies and bookstores in a year, or do I start hoarding canned goods?  I really do wonder sometimes.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Signs of End Times
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2010, 03:42:22 am »

I totally believe you, but what do we do? Do I keep writing a book that's not supposed to come out till next fall and believe that there will still be publishing companies and bookstores in a year, or do I start hoarding canned goods?  I really do wonder sometimes.
Yes ma'am this is a daily discussion I have within my own investment group and the people I work for. The fundamentals are in place for now, but the way at which we've arrived at those fundamentals is questionable. How does one have long term growth if you borrow trillions of dollars from the future????

[edit: I can make a metric shit ton of money either way]
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Signs of End Times
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2010, 12:44:47 pm »

I had a moment of jealousy there but then I thought, is the metric shit ton of money going to do you any good when we're wandering the post-apocalyptic landscape scavenging for hoards of canned goods and a can opener? Thank goodness so many cans are made with pop-tops now, at least.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up