Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse  (Read 38013 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2011, 05:01:57 pm »

Those are points they scored while in the line-up.  You can move your players from the active lineup to the bench on a daily basis.  So if it's a day when some teams have off-days, you shift the guys on the bench who are active to the line-up for guys who are off.  When there's a full slate of 15 games, that's when you have to decide who plays and who sits.

And there goes another of my only advantages.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2011, 05:32:15 pm »

oh snap this i did not know
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2011, 05:58:48 pm »

oh snap this i did not know

Dammit.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2011, 07:18:47 pm »

And there goes another of my only advantages.

I thought twice about posting this, but I didn't think it fair to keep it under wraps.  And I am not the least bit worried about finishing ahead of Choop, anyway.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2011, 07:23:37 pm »

I thought twice about posting this, but I didn't think it fair to keep it under wraps.  And I am not the least bit worried about finishing ahead of Choop, anyway.

I'm not the least bit worried about finishing ahead of anyone. Much in the same way that I am not the least bit worried about dying in an unfortunate train derailment on the Kashmir Railway.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2011, 07:27:10 pm »

I thought twice about posting this, but I didn't think it fair to keep it under wraps.  And I am not the least bit worried about finishing ahead of Choop, anyway.

damn dude, insult to injury
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2011, 08:24:31 pm »

Christ, you guys are monitoring this daily? I'm boned.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2011, 01:08:26 am »

okay can anybody explain the system designating who's on the can't cut list. i fucked myself over on the gridiron with a guy on that list, and it looks like the autodraft might have fucked me on a slot here too.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2011, 01:09:56 am »

Don't worry.

If I've learned anything about fantasy sports, it is that sometimes overthinking is more deadly than diligent guessing.

That's me. I'm the guy that overthinks.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2011, 01:42:10 pm »

okay can anybody explain the system designating who's on the can't cut list. i fucked myself over on the gridiron with a guy on that list, and it looks like the autodraft might have fucked me on a slot here too.

I can't, but I ran into a problem with it a couple years ago.  Normally the can't cut list is guys you wouldn't want to cut anyway, but I had one get injured.  Once it became clear he was going to be on the DL most or all of the rest of the season, they took him off the can't cut list.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2011, 01:52:37 am »

I was wondering why it was so hard to find a good backup shortstop and then I realized:

The Modern Dance alone has the starting shortstops for the Mets, the Yankees, the Cubs and the Marlins. All on one team.

Interesting.

Anyway. I am starting to feel a little better about my team. I have no chance of winning the stolen base category basically ever and I am mediocre at getting saves...

However I got a decent chance in most of the other categories.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2011, 02:32:39 am »

Quote from: Yahoo
3B Evan Longoria shaved off his bushy mullet after a rough spring that saw him placed on the DL with an oblique strain, one of his cars stolen, his spring home burglarized and his team start 0-3.

And that's just one of my guys. This is going to be a long season.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2011, 05:44:49 am »

I was wondering why it was so hard to find a good backup shortstop and then I realized:

The Modern Dance alone has the starting shortstops for the Mets, the Yankees, the Cubs and the Marlins. All on one team.

Interesting.

Anyway. I am starting to feel a little better about my team. I have no chance of winning the stolen base category basically ever and I am mediocre at getting saves...

However I got a decent chance in most of the other categories.
Saves and stolen bases can almost always be had on the waiver wire. Because players accumulating saves or steals are often otherwise crappy.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2011, 05:51:35 am »

It looks like it's gonna be a hell of a long season for the Astros, but on the next to last play of today's game the announcer caught a foul ball with his bare hands. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2011, 04:18:55 am »

The Modern Dance snuck in and tied me for "saves" at the last minute and it... really kinda messed with me.

Well-played.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17   Go Up