Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Down

Author Topic: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse  (Read 38149 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #195 on: August 30, 2011, 06:17:45 pm »

Well this sucks.  Nelson Cruz is going to be on the DL for the rest of our season.  But can I drop him and add a productive player? Nooooooooo.  Cruz is on the stupid Can't Cut list.  Fuck that stupid list.  Fuck it in the ear.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #196 on: August 30, 2011, 08:00:17 pm »

Oh man, I have been in a long fuck*ng war with the fuck*ng can't cut list.

FUCK YOU CAN'T CUT LIST! FUCK YOU IN THE EAR WITH AN EAR-SHAPED fuck*ng DEVICE!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #197 on: August 31, 2011, 01:24:59 am »

Well this sucks.  Nelson Cruz is going to be on the DL for the rest of our season.  But can I drop him and add a productive player? Nooooooooo.  Cruz is on the stupid Can't Cut list.  Fuck that stupid list.  Fuck it in the ear.

This here says he was just removed tonight.
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/sports/fantasysports/baseball/season/baseball-136.html

[/rushes to pick up any good players AW might actually want]
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #198 on: August 31, 2011, 03:57:13 am »

Well that's good news.  Thanks for letting me know.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #199 on: September 02, 2011, 03:48:48 am »


H/AB     R     HR     RBI   SB     AVG
19/40    13    8       14    1      .475


Not a bad day at all. 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #200 on: September 05, 2011, 09:54:22 am »

PLAYOFFS?!

You're talking PLAYOFFS?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #201 on: September 06, 2011, 08:26:19 pm »

I said I wasn't going to complain about this, but I will anyway. Tonight was supposed to be the Return of Strasburg, and I have tickets for it, so it should be hell of exciting. But it's been raining all freakin' day here, and Intellicast is projecting 100% chance of rain on an hourly basis all night. The Nats, however, have said they won't make a decision right up until game time. I understand that on some level--it's late in the season and rainouts are increasingly difficult to make up, and it would screw up some other things.

But still. Do I want to haul ass into town to hang out in the rain for a while, then find out the game's being postponed?

Complicating matters: today was the first day of school here, so it would be nice to be home with the kiddos to find out how their days went. That's probably the clincher, there.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #202 on: September 06, 2011, 11:44:15 pm »

Woo woo, your kids will start school, what, 11, 12 times.  Strasburg is probably only going to get one more severe injury comeback before his career is done.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #203 on: September 07, 2011, 01:05:18 am »

Keith makes a compelling case. And I'm not a good example because I was a miserable little fuck, but I hated getting drilled about my first day back at school (or any day for that matter). And getting drilled to me was answering questions like "Hey son! How was your first day back? Do you like your teacher? Make any new friends?" It's not like I would be a dick right back, but I was not happy answering those completely reasonable questions. Jesus. My poor, poor parents. I owe them like so much money for pain and suffering. Again, that was me. A maladjusted self-loathing asshole. I'm sure your kids love it. (For the record, I love my parents, and look forward to discussing work and such with them when I visit home. I've overcome a few things. This was a long time ago).

My friend had tickets to Randy Johnson's perfect game but didn't go. Still kicking himself. And sure, the unused ticket may have greater monetary value if that happens, but nothing compared to the experience of watching a no-hitter or perfect game.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #204 on: September 07, 2011, 02:27:08 am »

Yeah man, Keith is right, you can catch up with the kids tomorrow.

Only 5 innings?  They hardly ever go all the way anymore.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #205 on: September 07, 2011, 02:11:26 pm »

Yeah, they got the game in somehow. The Strasburg portion of the game was awesome; the rest pretty well sucked. Meh, I'm not too upset about it.

I am going tonight, so this will be the night of long rain delays instead.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #206 on: September 07, 2011, 02:15:55 pm »

Do people hold up "The Titanic Hit A Strausburg" signs at games?

I don't think anyone could argue Too Soon.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #207 on: September 07, 2011, 07:16:58 pm »

OK, so TONIGHT's game may be postponed. The Twitter is saying it's been called already, but the Nats' web site doesn't say shit.

And of course this announcement comes just as the rain has stopped.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #208 on: September 07, 2011, 08:16:36 pm »

Oooh, it gets better.  Apparently the Nats and Dodgers agreed to call the game earlier this afternoon, and the Dodgers actually left the ballpark. But then someone from MLB got on the phone and said they really need to try to get the game in (for reasons unknown at this point). Apparently the Dodgers called some people and persuaded the players to come back to the stadium.

The Nats' web site still says the game is on, but nothing with a tone of "Despite what you may have heard, tonight's game is actually being played," it's just that the earlier previews and stuff never went away.  Once again, round about 5 PM I'm going to have to decide if I'm going into the city or not.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #209 on: September 12, 2011, 01:29:00 pm »

Playoffs round 1:
Banana Town 7, DERP 2
Fun on Mars 5, Oakey Blues 4

Semifinals this week:
Banana Town vs. Debauched Sloths
Fun on Mars vs. Mr. Mixed Pickles


Good luck all.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Up