Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Upcoming shows  (Read 26857 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2011, 06:19:35 pm »

Cake is playing at Edgefield (or maybe they did this summer). That's where I saw Al Green and Crowded House. It's where Willie Nelson played. Bob Dylan, Stevie Wonder, Flaming Lips, Etta James, Wilco . . . I mean, I like Cake (and cake) but do they fit there?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2011, 08:32:50 pm »

I wanted to see Cake when they were in town but tickets were expensive, the pre-sale was like 3 months in advance, and according to my friend who sees a lot of shows they tend to have shitty annoying fans at their shows. Alas.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2011, 10:24:54 pm »

I'm going for free.  Whoot!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2011, 11:28:19 pm »

CINEMATIC TITANIC TOMORROW! WOOOOOOOO! WOOOOOOO!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2011, 11:51:33 pm »

Cake is playing at Edgefield (or maybe they did this summer). That's where I saw Al Green and Crowded House. It's where Willie Nelson played. Bob Dylan, Stevie Wonder, Flaming Lips, Etta James, Wilco . . . I mean, I like Cake (and cake) but do they fit there?

They played last weekend.   That's also where I saw TV on the Radio earlier this summer.   Beautiful venue.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2011, 07:36:29 am »

I told Weird Al that I love him.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2011, 01:38:33 pm »

They played last weekend.   That's also where I saw TV on the Radio earlier this summer.   Beautiful venue.

It is fun to see shows there and the crowd is nice. However, we bottomed the car out in their parking area and fucked it up a little.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2011, 01:24:43 am »

Weird Al Tonight.  Toadies tomorrow.  Cake on Sunday.

Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2011, 02:18:00 am »

It is fun to see shows there and the crowd is nice. However, we bottomed the car out in their parking area and fucked it up a little.

Ouch! A friend of mine did the same thing on her bike on one of the speed bumps there.   Got tossed off her bike and bruised her kidney.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2011, 03:26:09 pm »

I'm-a get tickets to see Beirut in December.  woot woot
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2011, 08:25:29 pm »

I have tickets for Mike Doughty with a full band and TMBG who I haven't seen since 2003. Mainly because back then all they played was No!
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2011, 07:34:33 pm »

Holy shit I am going to go to two concerts in the span of less than one week. The aforementioned Beirut show, and I just scored tickets to Band of hosss. It'll be like I'm 25 again.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2011, 07:56:09 pm »

Frontalot, Nov. 4, probably. It's the 17th anniversary of our first (equally nerdy) date.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2011, 02:13:26 am »

Saw Shellac last night. fuck*ng awesome. Yes, I know you hate Steve Albini.

He was actually quite funny, just as he was when I saw them a few years ago. Bob Weston is funnier though.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2011, 03:42:24 am »

Recently failed to see:
Man Man, Melt Banana, Matthew Sweet.

I feel like bands I like used to come to St Louis a lot more often. What gives?
I remember within a month of starting school I saw/wanted to see Sufjan Stevens, Sonic Youth, the Flaming Lips, Built to Spill. Those are some big names!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up