Yes, Terry Groce. She is such a great interviewer, you almost never hear her voice. I like that.
Thanks for all the suggestions. I did learn basic interview techniques, you know, in Journalism school, but they focused an awful lot on writing good questions.
Still, I think I am a fairly good interviewer, because I do write good questions, but I also am good about being flexible and not just sticking to the list when it's obvious there are much more interesting places to go. The hardest part is keeping my subjects on topic, but that's easy to do with careers because talking about what you do or have done for a living is a great way to talk about yourself without getting too intensely personal.
So I interviewed my cousin last night, I'm scheduled to do the photographer tonight (keep your fingers crossed), Paul's dad is next Monday and -- when it rains, it pours -- the professional video game competitor emailed me this morning and promised her replies "today or tomorrow."
So I guess I won't throw in the towel just yet.