Faves:
Baseball, at present: Livan Hernandez. That cat doesn't throw hard and never seems to work that hard, but he sure as shit gets people out. Also, he can hit OK for a pitcher. Ryan Howard--aside from hitting long-ass home runs, he also seems to be a good dude. When Kenny Lofton introduced him to Buck O'Neill as "the next Josh Gibson," Buck asked him "You got some power, son?" and Ryan said "Sure, sir, I guess so." All-time, Mike Schmidt, Manny Trillo, John Kruk.
Hockey: Everyone here in DC has an Alex Ovechkin jersey, but for my money I likes me some Mike Knuble. Older guy, willing to go into the crease and give and take a beating, and shovel in rebounds. The kind of player I may have well been had I grown up in a hockey-playing area. All-time, John LeClair, Adam Oates, Olie Kolzig.
Soccer: Tom Presthus is my all-time favorite player because he gave me his jersey.
Football: I still like ol' Donovan McNabb, I think he got a raw deal. And even though he may have helped cover up a murder, Ray Lewis is hell of awesome. All-time, Mike Quick, Randall Cunningham, Reggie White before he went to Green Bay.
Basketball: not really. I still heart the 2006 George Mason Patriots, though. Will Thomas all standing in front of the Mason cheering section after beating UConn and shouting "FINAL FOUR!"
Least favorites: Chipper Jones, Sidney Crosby, Sean Avery, Tom Brady.