Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Education.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: I never...  (Read 16124 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I never...
« Reply #105 on: June 04, 2011, 12:50:52 am »

I don't know how accurate the Wikipedia entry is,  but here's what it says:

Quote
The word inuksuk means "something which acts for or performs the function of a person". The word comes from the morphemes inuk ("person") and -suk ("ersatz" or "substitute").

I can totally picture someone reading some complicated census form, trying to decide what exactly they are asking, and figuring they better include the inuksuit. I mean, sometimes that shit is hella ambiguous, you know?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I never...
« Reply #106 on: June 04, 2011, 11:13:37 am »

I never started a thread for an Achewood strip.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: I never...
« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2011, 10:55:11 pm »

Too late now.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I never...
« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2011, 11:14:52 pm »

There's another sketchbook in the fanflow and he says:

Quote
Getting back to Business. Stay tuned.

So Nabu, maybe there's still hope...
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I never...
« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2011, 04:44:14 am »

Too late now.

There's another sketchbook in the fanflow and he says:
Quote
Getting back to Business. Stay tuned.
So Nabu, maybe there's still hope...

I guess I could always go back and start threads for the old strips, as was attempted before, but that didn't shake out too well.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: I never...
« Reply #110 on: June 07, 2011, 06:59:05 am »

Yeah, see, I use my iphone mainly to read the board now and it is a pain in the ass to reply, so I only do it as necessary or when I am randomly at my computer.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I never...
« Reply #111 on: June 07, 2011, 07:22:54 am »

Yeah, see, I use my iphone mainly to read the board now and it is a pain in the ass to reply, so I only do it as necessary or when I am randomly at my computer.

I wasn't trying to upbraid you at all - I was just throwing it out there. I thought it was a good idea and I actually have been rolling it over in my mind, but I noticed that I've been posting like hell because of being at work on nights and not talking to my wife as much.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: I never...
« Reply #112 on: June 07, 2011, 07:34:11 am »

Oh, I know.  Just sometimes I want to post more but don't and I kind of feel bad about it.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I never...
« Reply #113 on: June 07, 2011, 06:35:13 pm »

Oh, I know.  Just sometimes I want to post more but don't and I kind of feel bad about it.

Never feel bad about having a life.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I never...
« Reply #114 on: June 07, 2011, 06:58:05 pm »

However, it is OK to feel bad about having an iPhone.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I never...
« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2011, 07:40:28 pm »

However, it is OK to feel bad about having an iPhone.

Hey.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: I never...
« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2011, 08:13:28 pm »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: I never...
« Reply #117 on: June 08, 2011, 09:10:21 pm »

However, it is OK to feel bad about having an iPhone.

Heh, I don't feel bad about having an iphone, sometimes though I feel like a douche/somebody who has something he absolutely doesn't need.  I still just want a phone that plays music properly, and when I was buying my last phone this was the best choice.  Now there are other phones that are as good or better, but again, they have a bunch of shit I don't need or even want.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I never...
« Reply #118 on: June 08, 2011, 09:27:19 pm »

See I went to a restaurant opening where a bunch of hipsters were posting to their iPhones, and I couldn't decide if they were douches, or if I am a plebeian.  I think I fall firmly on the side of going to a restaurant to eat. 

I never owned a cellphone at all until work gave me one, and even then, it's only for work.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I never...
« Reply #119 on: June 08, 2011, 11:40:23 pm »

I actually never feel bad about having an iPhone because it makes the commute much more bearable. I used to have a Blackberry and it was a gold-plated dyed-in-the-wool piece of flaming dogshit.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up