Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Some TV show I didn't just see.  (Read 58726 times)

0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #105 on: July 24, 2012, 06:12:40 pm »

I'm all caught up on Breaking Bad now.  So good.   What a compelling, smart show.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

TripperDay

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 46
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2012, 06:42:46 pm »

I am watching Breaking Bad from the first episode on.  AMC is reairing each episode, in consecutive order leading up to the new season starting, and the PVR is hopping. 

Crap. Can't believe I missed this. Netflix streaming has only the first three seasons. Maybe they'll do it again. I'll keep checking.

I am getting to the point where I'd rather watch streaming TV episodes than movies. In one season, you get the plot and character development of a 12 hour movie, conveniently broken up into 12 one hour bites of entertainment, most of which have a neat plot twists resulting in thrilling cliffhangers.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2012, 07:18:48 pm »

netflix just added season 4 like last week, or just before the season premier, or something. season five is shaping up nicely.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2012, 06:06:34 pm »

I'm gonna wait for season 5 to hit Netflix then watch it in one weekend. That seems to be my modus operendi for these kind of shows.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2012, 07:53:24 pm »

season 5 is going to be split into two parts of eight, with like ten months between them. they're unofficially calling the second half 'season six' due to how they're scheduling the filming. at that point, you may as well wait until the whole series is on netflix.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2012, 09:02:00 pm »

That's the strategy I used with The Sopranos. 8 years of drama compressed into a couple weeks.
This weekend I discovered The Thick of It. It uses the same theme and actors as the movie In The Loop.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #111 on: October 17, 2013, 06:24:45 pm »

I don't know where to put this but go make meth young man go make meth: http://www.drmeth.com
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #112 on: October 17, 2013, 06:39:23 pm »

I don't know where to put this but go make meth young man go make meth: http://www.drmeth.com
May well be the iconic link for the Clickety Crack thread.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #113 on: October 17, 2013, 07:32:45 pm »

Been on a Charlie Brooker kick lately. Finished up what there is of A Touch of Cloth, and am checking out The Black Mirror.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #114 on: November 21, 2013, 02:40:51 am »

Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #115 on: November 21, 2013, 02:56:25 am »

Hear hear!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #116 on: January 08, 2014, 05:37:52 am »

Great Teacher Onizuka is excellent. It is pretty bonkers how OK they are with having so many jokes about adult men wanting to screw 14 year old girls.

When I was in high school I was extremely worried that I would grow up to be really into high school girls. Surprise surprise, now they look like children to me. No interest whatsoever. It's funny to think how "mature" and sexy I thought they looked when I was that age.

I also just saw the first episode of Space Dandy, the new show by Shinichiro Watanabe. Pretty funny! Pretty cool. Interested to see where it goes.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #117 on: January 08, 2014, 08:44:42 pm »

I also just saw the first episode of Space Dandy, the new show by Shinichiro Watanabe. Pretty funny! Pretty cool. Interested to see where it goes.

It's in my TiVo but I haven't watched it yet because I found the trailer really underwhelming. But Watanabe.

Also, I'm back. Currently skimming every single post since my last visit in October.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #118 on: January 08, 2014, 09:31:12 pm »

We have missed you.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #119 on: January 21, 2014, 04:04:51 am »

the court has heard all the evidence and is ready to rule.

chozen is terrible.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18   Go Up