Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

But Pat, the Cure is silly! It is silly to like The Cure!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Some TV show I didn't just see.  (Read 59083 times)

0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #120 on: January 21, 2014, 02:32:26 pm »

Just downloaded a coupla eps. from HBO's "True Detective". From what I gather there's a Lovecraft/Robert Chambers vibe going on, hope it's worth the hype.

http://www.hbo.com/true-detective
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #121 on: January 21, 2014, 02:58:51 pm »

i've really been enjoying true detective. the pacing is slow as molasses, appropriate for the setting, and the characters and performances are rich and top-drawer. it's kind of hard to believe that in 20 years mcconaughey has never had a regular tv series role, and what with him killing it in the movies this year, he's also got this one going? a dude has a major renaissance, it's cool to watch.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #122 on: January 21, 2014, 07:47:39 pm »

Thank must not be the Mcconaughey  I was thinking of.

Nope, never mind, it is.  I could have sworn he was in something.  Clearly, Choop was right.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #123 on: January 29, 2014, 07:41:31 am »

OH MY GOD this anime I am watching "Welcome to the NHK," is so awesome. It's about a 22 year old college drop out and recluse (hikikomori) trying to get back out into everyday life. Really awesome. Definitely silly sometimes, but for example, this scene I just watched was about him trying to go back to school but starts having a panic attack. This is so, so good.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 07:45:05 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #124 on: January 29, 2014, 12:02:08 pm »

I have been intending to check "Welcome to the NHK" for ages now, will do it most promptly (speaking of anime, "Psycho-Pass" is really cool, heady mix of Blade Runner, William Gibson and assorted cyberpunk goodiness).

And yeah - "True Detective" is the shit. 3rd episode had mucho delicious dialogue. I'm "hooked", as the parlance goes.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2014, 03:22:36 pm »

I'm an episode behind on Space Dandy. I'm liking it more but still with they'd brought in Yoko Kanno.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #126 on: February 04, 2014, 05:49:22 am »

Maybe the best yet. This show has the coolest animation.

My roommate's girlfriend poked her head in and yelled "DON'T BECOME A WEEABOO" at me, so you can tell she's really fun to have hanging around the house.

I didn't realize this at first, but it's kind of like an anime Groundhog Day.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 06:42:20 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #127 on: February 04, 2014, 12:52:40 pm »

Oh yeah, that is a good one.

I just started this one which is a silly series basically about middle management in Hell. I am now in the middle of like three different things and can't figure out a good way to keep track. First world problem, I know.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #129 on: February 04, 2014, 03:25:42 pm »

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #130 on: February 04, 2014, 05:08:33 pm »

Yeah Inev, I'm pretty sure she wanted you to spank her.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #131 on: February 09, 2014, 03:04:13 am »

oh man, inev, i am glad you mentioned tatami galaxy. I am watching now because of the trailer you posted, and I haven't loved a cartoon this much since basically FLCL.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #132 on: February 09, 2014, 03:39:24 am »

yeah it is the BEST. This director has made some other stuff which I have not checked out yet.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #133 on: February 09, 2014, 02:51:40 pm »

What else? I think there was one thing I looked at and it wasn't as awesome, but I can't remember now.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #134 on: February 09, 2014, 11:49:00 pm »

oh man, inev, i am glad you mentioned tatami galaxy. I am watching now because of the trailer you posted, and I haven't loved a cartoon this much since basically FLCL.

That is some damn strong praise by comparison.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18   Go Up