Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris waited all day for the Comcast repair guy, and he never showed up. What is he supposed to do with this cream pie?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: googleplus  (Read 14771 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: googleplus
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2011, 05:55:47 pm »

Pedro keeps asking me, "Do we know someone named [real name of TOUAMBie]?" 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: googleplus
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2011, 06:24:00 pm »

This thread solves a mystery:  Hello people who were adding me on Google+.

how does it feel to be stalked by fake internet people?  does it boost your self-esteem?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: googleplus
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2011, 06:46:02 pm »

Quote
Yes, yes it does.

OK, as long as we're going down this road, whatever. Fuck it. Not updating your browser is deeply stupid, other than in Wombat's weird situation.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: googleplus
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2011, 06:59:53 pm »

I have to say, iTunes has fucked me over a couple times by just randomly deleting everything during an upgrade.  I won't upgrade it unless everything is backed up perfectly.  One time osx completely stopped working during an upgrade and I had to spend all god damned day fixing it.  But yeah, Internet browsers can't really go wrong except function.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: googleplus
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2011, 07:02:39 pm »

how does it feel to be stalked by fake internet people?  does it boost your self-esteem?

Well, lets put it this way.  I don't buy the green bananas any more, and I keep the curtains closed.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: googleplus
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2011, 07:16:36 pm »

Victoria once again reminds us what's important in life. Pure gold.

Back on topic, I suppose, I invited Wombat to Google+ today because we were talking about her, and it only seemed fair. (I also shared the post with you via e-mail, wombles, so you don't have to sign up for an account to follow it unless you want to.)

Really, I will totally join at some point, I also have an invite from elsewhere, but I have no idea how many years back this archive I'm working through goes or when I will decide I have enough, and I can't get much done on it this week because I have people visiting.

And then I will have to decide which email address to sign up under, assuming that if I make the wrong decision it will be hugely inconvenient. Decisions like this that I have made in the past are a problem for me because Google will not let me be signed up under two different accounts in two different browser windows.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: googleplus
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2011, 07:26:51 pm »

Well, a Google account is the natural choice, because a lot of the features are integrated. For example, I like getting notifications in the corner of my Gmail inbox -- I have enough sites to visit in a day, this is nice and streamlined for Google mail users. Same with Picasaweb and Blogger, which I also already use.

If you have privacy concerns, though, I can see making a new email account for this. That would be a pain for reasons you've stated, though.

However, did you know you can be signed into 2 Google accounts in 2 different browser windows IF you're running different browsers? As in, I can be logged in through Chrome and Pedro can log in through IE without logging me out.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: googleplus
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2011, 07:39:41 pm »

Perhaps I was not clear - I have at least four Google accounts to chose from is the problem.

I did not realize that about the different browsers, I will have to think about that. The thing that's a pain right now is that my blog is a different account from the email that I stay logged into all day on the computer I use most often. I could have the blog in a different browser.

Here's the question - the account that I choose, is this how people are going to find me if they look for me, by that email address? 
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: googleplus
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2011, 07:47:13 pm »

Perhaps I was not clear - I have at least four Google accounts to chose from is the problem.

I did not realize that about the different browsers, I will have to think about that. The thing that's a pain right now is that my blog is a different account from the email that I stay logged into all day on the computer I use most often. I could have the blog in a different browser.

Here's the question - the account that I choose, is this how people are going to find me if they look for me, by that email address? 

People can find you by name or e-mail, but e-mail is the easiest. Whatever address friends already have in their address books is the easiest.

I have 22 people in my TOUAMB circle but I might be missing people. And some of the 22 are people like A-Cap who I've just added by his e-mail but isn't actually "there"
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: googleplus
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2011, 07:58:57 pm »

People can find you by name or e-mail, but e-mail is the easiest. Whatever address friends already have in their address books is the easiest.

If I use a different email from the one most people have, are they also going to be able to see the one I am signed up under?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: googleplus
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2011, 08:03:22 pm »

I like my browser the way it is.

It works for what I wanna do and I don't care to have to relearn how to use the damn thing just for some features I may or may not like anyway.

A computer's just a tool and if it works well enough to suit my purposes, why fuck with it? Just to say I'm on the cutting edge and to be conversant in the new toys?

Nah. Not my speed.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: googleplus
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2011, 08:07:49 pm »

If I use a different email from the one most people have, are they also going to be able to see the one I am signed up under?

I have an old friend I've corresponded with under 4 different email addresses. I can see them all, and had a hard time figuring out which one to send her invite to.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: googleplus
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2011, 09:38:38 pm »

I updated itunes last week.  I didn't notice anything different until today.  For some reason now, instead of telling me how many minutes and seconds are left in the tune currently playing it gives me the total time of the tune.  Why?  These are the nitpicky frustrating little changes that irritate.  Another change, not for the better that took place a couple of updates back.  There used to be a burn to disc button on the playlist page itself.  Now you have to go to the menu and find the "burn playlist to disc" option and click it there.  Update your software?  We're just gonna fix some shit that ain't broken.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: googleplus
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2011, 12:03:47 am »

OK, so I got Google Chrome since having a second brand of browser solves a preexisting problem that I have, and I joined this thing. But I used an email address that almost no one knows. I am not sure what effect this will have.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: googleplus
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2011, 03:45:09 am »

Yay! I see you!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up