Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: googleplus  (Read 14735 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: googleplus
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2011, 10:40:51 am »

I updated itunes last week.  I didn't notice anything different until today.  For some reason now, instead of telling me how many minutes and seconds are left in the tune currently playing it gives me the total time of the tune.  Why?  These are the nitpicky frustrating little changes that irritate.

Try clicking on the total time display. Like, click on the actual numbers. On mine it changes it back to the time remaining. I do hate iTunes updates though. Rather, I hate iTunes. Maybe I'll try Songbird again.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: googleplus
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2011, 09:51:43 pm »

Try clicking on the total time display. Like, click on the actual numbers. On mine it changes it back to the time remaining. I do hate iTunes updates though. Rather, I hate iTunes. Maybe I'll try Songbird again.

I just reloaded my OS and for some reason when I reloaded itunes it lost the AAC conversion on some WMA files.  That pissed me off so I downloaded Songbird and I was able to download my itunes playlist including play count (which is imperative),  But Songbird doesn't like WMA files either.

So I googled to see if there was a fix.  That's when I learned that Songbird was some Linux shit. 

I found the fix for the problem.

Quote
If you want to work with songbird and wma files here is the simple tip how to work together

First, open up a terminal and go to the Songbird chrome directory

cd /opt/Songbird/chrome

Next, we need to edit a file from the songbird.jar file, so we will need to open that up

sudo file-roller songbird.jar

Now, open the content folder, followed by the songbird then scripts folder, find the file called coreGStreamerSimple.js and drag that to your desktop, leave archive manager open as we are going to add to it in a moment.

Open it up in your favorite editor, now we are going to add wma support to the “mediaUrlExtensions” section. It should look like this:

this._mediaUrlExtensions = ["mp3", "ogg", "flac", "mpc", "wav", "m4a", "m4v",
"wmv", "asf", "avi", "mov", "mpg", "mp4", "ogm",
"mp2", "mka", "mkv", "wma"];

Save the file, and drag that back over to the archive manager/songbird.jar file. close it,now open songbird and add your favorite wma files


Fuck that shit!

So I went back to itunes and all you have to do is right click to "Create AAC Version." Mucho easier.

Ultimately I decided to convert the WMA files to mp3 so I wouldn't have to fuck with this problem in the future.

Why do these players hate WMA files anyway?

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: googleplus
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2011, 09:53:37 pm »

Oh, and the latest version of itunes they count down the time of the song like it used to.  Ha ha ha...
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: googleplus
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2011, 11:43:41 pm »

Why do these players hate WMA files anyway?

as for itunes, .wma is the filetype of the enemy.  why should they support it make things easier for everyone?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: googleplus
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2011, 12:14:18 am »

as for itunes, .wma is the filetype of the enemy.  why should they support it make things easier for everyone?

Ok, but what is Songbird's problem?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: googleplus
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2011, 06:19:18 am »

Appropos of nothing, googleplus sounds like the only social networking service allowed in Airstrip One.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: googleplus
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2011, 12:42:10 pm »

In related news, last night my computer did that thing where it turns itself on, installs updates, and reboots. So it's a good thing I decided I was pretty much done going through that archive.

I know I can turn this off, but one time I forgot to update the antivirus manually for a while and accidentally clicked on something and it was a whole disaster. Rock and a hard place.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: googleplus
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2011, 05:56:43 pm »

Ooo, Lore Sjoberg just added me. I better hurry up and do something entertaining.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: googleplus
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2011, 07:49:31 pm »

I hate to start this argument again but... I was just at my part-time job and tried to look at GooglePlus and I couldn't because they hadn't updated the browser on the computer I can use there. It is not my business to update their browser, so I went and looked at Facebook instead.

I don't understand why they can't make the site backward-compatible. There is NO other website I try to use that has this problem. I can't help thinking it is a ruse to get people to switch to their browser.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: googleplus
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2011, 02:13:27 am »

Yeah, I like Google + in theory but it hasn't reached social critical mass yet.  Sure, the cool kids are there, but the nice thing about Facebook is everybody is there (or as close as it gets.)
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: googleplus
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2011, 01:22:15 pm »

the nice thing about Facebook is everybody is there (or as close as it gets.)

That's also one of it's biggest drawbacks.  I've started to come to the conclusion that Facebook is a great place to contact anyone you know (or don't) or organize an event, but it's time to start ignoring it otherwise. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: googleplus
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2011, 01:46:30 pm »

That's also one of it's biggest drawbacks.  

Yeah. Facebook has its uses, but I would like a separate place where there are no relatives or people I haven't seen since high school. Like TOUAMB but with other interesting people added, you know?

The ability to post certain things only to certain groups is something I have sometimes wanted also. I hope people don't overuse it - I kind of don't want other people guessing wrong about what I am interested in, if that makes sense. But sometimes I post a question on Facebook that is really only meant for a certain group, and I get clueless answers from, like, old high school friends that don't realize that I have a network of actual experts that I want an answer from. It makes the old high school person look dumb, and I waste a lot of time deciding whether to get into a discussion with them to point out better information than what's in their answer or whether their cluelessness is not my problem.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: googleplus
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2011, 02:41:34 pm »

That's also one of it's biggest drawbacks. 

Exactly.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: googleplus
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2011, 03:03:07 pm »

circles are just an easy way of facebooking smart. google didn't make a facebook that finally does something that facebook should have done, it just came up with an easier method.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: googleplus
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2011, 06:51:05 pm »

"Just came up with an easier method" is a BIG deal, however. What Facebook should have done is make using their settings not suck.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up