Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: googleplus  (Read 14698 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: googleplus
« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2011, 08:59:53 pm »

Is g+ open to the public yet?

No, but I have an invite for you if you want it. Just PM me the email address you want associated with G+ and I'll zip an invitation right atcha.

That goes for anyone here, really. I have 140 invites left, and they seem to refill to 150 periodically.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: googleplus
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2011, 09:08:17 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: googleplus
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2011, 09:51:23 pm »

The only explanation is that they're purposefully making facebook confusing so that you have to browse longer to find what you want and then they turn around and use that extra viewing time to charge their advertisers more.

Did you notice they took away the button to put a link in a status update? You can still paste one in, but apparently there are people who can't figure that out. The only possible reason I can think of for taking this button away is to make it harder to post things that will cause people to leave Facebook and look at another site.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: googleplus
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2011, 09:56:29 pm »

Or maybe they just figured it was redundant.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: googleplus
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2011, 11:23:56 pm »

Did you notice they took away the button to put a link in a status update? You can still paste one in, but apparently there are people who can't figure that out. The only possible reason I can think of for taking this button away is to make it harder to post things that will cause people to leave Facebook and look at another site.

I noticed, and was pissed. Facebook, don't be a dick.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: googleplus
« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2011, 08:04:00 pm »

Did you notice they took away the button to put a link in a status update? You can still paste one in, but apparently there are people who can't figure that out. The only possible reason I can think of for taking this button away is to make it harder to post things that will cause people to leave Facebook and look at another site.

That happened to me yesterday.

I think FB knows that (or believes that) they are as ubiquitous and unavoidable as automobiles and cell phones, so they can just do whatever the fuck they want and only a trivial amount of users will ever quit.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: googleplus
« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2011, 09:04:16 pm »

I'm not a guy who is bad at computers, and consistently facebook confounds me. 

Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: googleplus
« Reply #112 on: September 17, 2011, 12:09:04 am »

Facebook today made it where the top navigation bar stays on the screen while you are scrolling.  That was a nice improvement.  Oh wait, I mean, those fuck*ng bastards.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up