Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Facebook is the new email  (Read 19039 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2011, 03:59:20 am »

The real lesson here is, if you normally see Einstein but you're drunk enough to see Marilyn, don't take that bitch home and call yourself a damn cab.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2011, 04:47:14 am »

The real lesson here is, if you normally see Einstein but you're drunk enough to see Marilyn, don't take that bitch home and call yourself a damn cab.

This is wisdom.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2011, 04:53:00 am »

Why do these quote pics get all over me?  Is it because I think the quotes are probably made up?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2011, 05:00:26 pm »

Finally the internet gets it right.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2011, 10:54:31 pm »

Spotted this gem just a few minutes ago. It's almost certainly misattributed, but deep down I still want to believe it's true.

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2011, 10:58:48 pm »

Yes, that is definitely too good to fact-check.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2011, 01:19:53 am »

Finally the internet gets it right.


FYI, the internet tells me that quote is actually attributed to Maya Angelou, but who knows if that's even accurate.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2011, 07:02:01 am »

Spotted this gem just a few minutes ago. It's almost certainly misattributed, but deep down I still want to believe it's true.



I read it in her voice. So good.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2011, 07:07:29 am »

No no no, y'all are falling into the trap.  Resist this poison.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2011, 09:08:50 am »

Well that certainly didn't take long.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2011, 08:07:49 pm »

This photo

accompanied by this caption
"This photo of mama squirrel is the essence of love and devotion. She would protect her baby with her life. Higher-level emotions - such as love, devotion and compassion - are NOT unique only to humans. Animals possess them, as well."
followed by about 100 or more "Oh this is so precious" comments
shared on my wall by one of my friends, but originally posted on the Paws-sibilities Facebook page
adds up to one more person on my unsubscribe list.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2011, 08:26:54 pm »

First you should post a comment asking if perhaps they are unaware that squirrels often EAT THEIR BABIES. Because that's the first thing that picture looked like to me.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2011, 09:28:09 pm »

I was counting on you Wombat to enlighten me with the grim reality of the situation.  Now I know what to post. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2011, 10:36:18 pm »

also, that if that squirrel didnt have a cute, fluffy tail, they would want to murder the hell out of it and its babies because its basically a fuck*ng rat.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2011, 11:23:05 pm »

First you should post a comment asking if perhaps they are unaware that squirrels often EAT THEIR BABIES. Because that's the first thing that picture looked like to me.

This, precisely.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up