Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...  (Read 29006 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« on: August 10, 2011, 03:04:19 pm »

Who wants to run football this year?  

'Bout time to get our draft set up.

Quote from: Nabubrush, from the future
OK, I'm not super comfortable about editing someone else's post, but I figure this is clearly my addition so, ok:

Banana Town Boffins: Mayor del Vaca
Parykarz: jaydub
Lister's Lab Rats: Lister
Tyger Smorgasbord: Ash
Malcolm Jamal Warner: miles
The Galaxy Invaders: sMets
The Venomous Monkeys: Nabu
60000 Bees: The Eggman

We have to have eight, and I'd rather have ten.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 03:00:44 am by Nabubrush »
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 05:49:53 pm »

I'm ready to watch some football.  I'm not going to play.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 08:33:50 pm »

Count me in.  Touamb2011!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 10:33:25 pm »

I'll give it a shot. I'm sometimes accidentally good at that.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 01:23:38 am »

I'll give it a shot. I'm sometimes accidentally good at that.

GO MAN GO!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 01:49:08 am »

I don't think I've ever tried fake football. I can't be worse at it than I am fake baseball, right? Count me in.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 05:44:07 pm »

All over it - I'll run it if no one else wants to. I can promise I'll be more involved than I ended up being with the baseball. This wasn't a good year for that for me.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 08:44:34 pm »

League ID: 594788
URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/touamb
password: nicepete
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 08:48:12 pm »

I invited the people who left emails with last year's team. I did the whole thing on my phone due to firewalls. Scoring might end up being based on arrest records, for all I could tell.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 09:22:27 pm »

A'ight.

I am The Galaxy Invaders because... that's the Rifftrax I'm watching right now.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 09:52:28 pm »

I invited the people who left emails with last year's team. I did the whole thing on my phone due to firewalls. Scoring might end up being based on arrest records, for all I could tell.

I didn't do it last year, but I figured out how to crash your party. Hope that's cool? If not I'm sure you can figure out how to give me the boot.

Team: Malcolm Jamal Warner. No good reason.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2011, 09:59:10 pm »

All are welcome at the Monkeys' table.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2011, 09:59:50 pm »

Frank, I am pretty sure I invited your daughter. I hope that's ok.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2011, 11:06:43 pm »

Frank, I am pretty sure I invited your daughter. I hope that's ok.

Only if she beats me.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2011, 03:52:08 am »

Team: Malcolm Jamal Warner. No good reason.

So apparently it's his birthday. I'd like to think there's some kind of deep connection we have. We're both Leos or something? More likely, maybe they mentioned his birthday on NPR this morning when I was still waking up. Perhaps most likely, coincidence. Am I more infatuated with Malcolm Jamal Warner than is healthy? Without a doubt.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up