You know, Tersk, ROT13 was invented for a reason!
I had to Google that, man. For a minute, I thought you were telling me I should join ROTC.
I still very much like the President, in spite of the many things that are either going un-fixed or are being actively broken all the while. Some issues I'll be an apologist for him and talk about the real limits of the office, some issues I'll choose to trust that he is working away still in bleak conditions, some issues I'll admit that I disagree. Fundamentally, I still trust his motivations.
People are just people, institutions are the real problem. I've heard that opinion expressed pretty well by Noam Chomsky and David Simon (who wrote The Wire) and both are pretty critical of the President anyway. So perhaps though they acknowledge that good people are compromised by institutions, they at the same time distrust Obama's motives or character? For what it's worth, I don't.
A captain of a sinking ship might face hard choices, but just because the ship keeps edging towards catastrophe, doesn't mean to say he fucks his own mother.
Try to envision or imagine a candidate - doesn't even have to be a real life person you've heard of, you can make that candidate up. You can attribute any kind of level of competence and righteousness to them you like, and deep down they agree with you about every single issue. Then imagine that they are President tomorrow. What changes? I think the answer would be not a lot.
What's happening (has been happening for a long time, too) isn't the fault of a person. It's a collective moral failure. Or so I think. For my money, Obama is about as good as you're able to get, and a hell of a lot better than we usually do get. Neither Bernie Sanders nor Ron Paul, not Naomi Klein or the ghost of Woody Guthrie would actually execute the functions of the office better than Barack Obama. It isn't good enough, I know. He's just this guy, you know? It's a long way from that 2008 feeling, but that's my two cents.