Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Election '12  (Read 51085 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Election '12
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2012, 05:50:04 am »

Quote from: Wiki
An April 2000 CRS report by the Congressional Research Service, asserts that most constitutional scholars interpret the phrase "natural born citizen" as including citizens born outside the United States to parents who are U.S. citizens under the “natural born” requirement.

Yeah, that seems pretty clear. Curses. I have just learned that it is thought that Chester Arthur was born in Canada with only one parent a US citizen.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Election '12
« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2012, 04:55:18 am »

So, this straight-up racist motherfucker in Alaska is trying to get Obama's name off the ballot on the grounds that "the United States Supreme Court's Dred Scott v. Sanford  rul(ed) that a Negro had no rights under the Constitution for the United States to either obtain rights of citizenship or rights of suffrage" (there's a bunch of lawyer talk in there, but this is his goal).

Last time around, he wasn't cool with either candidate:
Quote from: random lunatic
It appears that we have entered into  a period of history where a Candidate for
the Office of the President of the United States does not have the qualifications of Office
as required by  U.S. Constitution, Article II, Section 1, Clause 5.

Candidates
John McCain and Barack Hussein Obama, Jr., are not “natural born” citizens nor are
they citizens of the United States at the time the Constitution was adopted.  Let us hope
that the qualifications of these two Candidates are resolved before the day
of General Election.

I don't know. I could go on, but . . . . I mean, he reads like he's smart, but hasn't it occurred to him that he'd probably have a better chance of knocking Obama out if he based his argument on what dude has actually done while in office as opposed to tinfoil hat shit? I'm looking forward to the Republicans losing because they got too caught up in crazy to mount a serious campaign.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2012, 06:21:02 pm »

Holy crap, no kidding.  3 days ago I paid $8.95 for my 2.2 gallons of gas.  Today it was would have been over $10, but all I had was 10 so I didn't even get a full tank. A 10% hike in 3 days?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Election '12
« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2012, 02:44:18 am »

Time to get a UTA pass from work. At least we have a really good light rail system in Salt Lake.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Election '12
« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2012, 03:55:34 am »

Most of my fuel expenditures are funded by my employer. Of course, most of them are av gas.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #95 on: March 17, 2012, 03:10:34 am »

It seems like every couple of days one of my left leaning politico friends post an article on Facebook with a headline exposing some ridiculous thing that Rick Santorum has said.  Not something that he has said by mistake, but something he has said that he is presumably proud of.  I haven't read any of the articles, but is this guy that far out of touch that he's actually making porn a political issue in 2012, for instance?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Election '12
« Reply #96 on: March 17, 2012, 04:47:23 am »

Our cork board has a little editorial comment posted running Obama down for the high price of gas. Leaving aside the fact that the person who pinned it up there gets paid by an oil company (said company having at least a little to do with the price of fuel), imports have dropped and domestic production has gone up since Obama took office, relative to the average numbers the last guy who had the job tossed on the ol' tote board. Is it a more complex issue than that? Yes, but if my local hammerheads are going to reduce everything in the world to a dichotomy, I will engage them and just bring tighter facts and cites. I love cork board battle season.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #97 on: March 17, 2012, 05:03:58 am »

At least they haven't put this up there on the ol' corkboard.

I hope they didn't, anyway.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Election '12
« Reply #98 on: March 17, 2012, 05:39:05 am »

I've got a friend in PDX who seems to have spent a bit of time tracking that down and unfortunately it does not appear to be a hoax, although sales of it seem to have ceased. First spot I saw it was Yo, is this Racist?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #99 on: March 18, 2012, 04:38:10 pm »

Laruchebags at the St. Patrick's Day Parade.

Hey, did I just invent a new term?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Election '12
« Reply #100 on: March 18, 2012, 07:34:26 pm »

What am I missing with the dude on the right? What does his sign mean? LaRouche is Kennedy?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2012, 08:10:33 pm »

What am I missing with the dude on the right? What does his sign mean? LaRouche is Kennedy?

Beats the hell out of me man.  My favorite part of the picture is the unguarded look of disgust on their wives faces.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2012, 08:42:21 pm »

I'm utterly baffled.  What the hell are they saying? 
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Election '12
« Reply #103 on: March 18, 2012, 09:14:03 pm »

The two ladies on the left hand side seem to be quite enjoying the PMCD experience.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #104 on: March 19, 2012, 01:22:26 am »

The two ladies on the left hand side seem to be quite enjoying the PMCD experience.

I'm sure they weren't even noticing me.  They were either checking out the dancer on top of the car or the flames.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22   Go Up