Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Election '12  (Read 51025 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Election '12
« Reply #180 on: July 22, 2012, 06:45:03 am »

Should children of illegal immigrants be granted citizenship!?? What does that even mean! It's in the goddamn constitution that if you are born here you are a citizen. COME ON PEOPLE.

Jill Stein (?) 95%
President Obama 90%
Stewart Alexander 79%
Paul 51%
Romney 20% ("no major issues")

I understood that the question is asking as a matter of policy if children of illegal immigrants born here should be granted citizenship. It's not a quiz question asking if children of illegal immigrants born here are granted citizenship. I answered yes, by the way. Of course if the answer is no then the Constitution would need to be amended, as it was to include the clause to which I'm guessing you refer.

But maybe the question is asking something else.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #181 on: July 22, 2012, 01:46:11 pm »

That site is a nice idea but that question makes me wonder what kind of mistakes they are making over issues that I don't understand as well.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Election '12
« Reply #182 on: July 22, 2012, 01:54:11 pm »

Stein 97, Obama 87, Romney 15. Hardly surprising.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #183 on: July 22, 2012, 01:57:24 pm »

Jill Stein 92%
Obama 83%
Stewart Alexander 72% (who the hell is this?)
RON PAUL!  62%
Mitt 36%
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #184 on: July 22, 2012, 04:25:26 pm »

Alexander is the Democratic Socialist ticket.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #185 on: August 14, 2012, 06:39:45 am »

About this Paul Ryan fella... Of course my lib FB Friends are going off the handle on him, but they have gotten more ridiculous than my right wing friends lately so I can't trust them anymore.  Was listening to Dennis Miller tonight, don't put too much stock in what he says either, but he was talking about Ryan like he's a highly intelligent person that really knows what the fuck he's talking about. Apparently he's the main architect of the Republican's budget proposals of late. He's all about cutting spending, which seems extremely necessary to me, but he's also big on cutting taxes which seems to be working against the spending cuts if paying down the deficit is the goal.

Miller also said he was squeaky clean and there wouldn't be any dirty laundry. At this stage of the game I'm pretty sure I'd rather see a candidate that isn't such a goody two shoes prig. But that's a whole 'nother issue. Of course Miller's probably full of shit and he's as dirty as they come, but whatever...

I'd be encouraged for the right wing if I thought they were supporting an intelligent candidate because of his intelligence, regardless of their positions on the issues. I mean, after George Bush and Sarah Palin I'm inclined to believe that the intelligence of their candidates is not a big priority for the right wing, but you know...

Anyway, I guess my question to you, my brain trust, is... What do you think of Paul Ryan?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #186 on: August 14, 2012, 01:56:32 pm »

Look into what it is he wants to cut Paul. 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #187 on: August 14, 2012, 02:48:05 pm »

Look into what it is he wants to cut Paul. 

Yeah I figured as much. He wants to starve senior citizens, etc...
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #188 on: August 14, 2012, 03:42:59 pm »

Yeah I figured as much. He wants to starve senior citizens, etc...

Not sure what you're saying here.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #189 on: August 14, 2012, 03:50:34 pm »

Not sure what you're saying here.

If my liberal Facebook friends are to be believed he wants to kill medicare.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Election '12
« Reply #190 on: August 14, 2012, 03:58:22 pm »

« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 04:55:17 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #191 on: August 14, 2012, 04:32:05 pm »

If my liberal Facebook friends are to be believed he wants to kill medicare.

Are you saying you don't believe it?  What would it take to make you believe it? 

Because it's true and all.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Election '12
« Reply #192 on: August 14, 2012, 04:58:58 pm »

Paul Ryan wants to kill every government programme that doesn't involve shooting foreigners or giving money to Christian churches.

Dude has basically said it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #193 on: August 14, 2012, 05:05:33 pm »

Are you saying you don't believe it? 

No, I'm saying that most of my vocally liberal Facebook friends don't have a lot of credibility. That's why I have turned to TOUAMB, where I can hear voices I trust.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #194 on: August 14, 2012, 05:07:29 pm »

No, I'm saying that most of my vocally liberal Facebook friends don't have a lot of credibility.

Case in point!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22   Go Up