I must say I'm surprised I've gotten no replies to this. Given the number of people on the Interwebs in general who seem to think if you don't immediately renounce your Penn State fanhood completely and utterly, that you are in favor of child molestation. Thanks for not being those people.
They did the right thing to fire JoePa and the university president at this point. Still plenty of people out for blood, though.
It is very easy, and fundamentally true, to say everyone connected to this should have done more. But it's one of those things that's too easy to second-guess from afar. People like to fantasize about what they'd do in combat, or if they were mugged, but really, until you're actually THERE, who knows how the hell it's going to go down. So in a situation like this, when there's a lot of money and power at stake, I'd like to think that most people would have done the right thing and called the cops or whatever. Hell, McQuery should have barged into the shower and punched Sandusky in the face. But I am not prepared to say that Paterno and McQuery are now irredeemable people who should be shunned forever if I haven't walked a mile in their shoes.
Obviously, whoever at the higher levels decided they'd be better off covering it up is a grade-A moron and a terrible person (or people as the case may be).