Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris waited all day for the Comcast repair guy, and he never showed up. What is he supposed to do with this cream pie?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Lesson of the Day...  (Read 8437 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Lesson of the Day...
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2011, 01:54:15 am »

Really? I always thought it was expensive and hard to get also. Huh.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Lesson of the Day...
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2011, 02:14:52 am »

I think it used to be more expensive and/or hard to get than it is today.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Lesson of the Day...
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2011, 03:39:12 am »

I think it used to be more expensive and/or hard to get than it is today.

And yet people still believe in global warming.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Lesson of the Day...
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2011, 05:54:58 pm »

If you're walking home from the mall on a warm fall day, don't turn your iPod to the playlist that contains the soundtrack to a post-apocalyptic video game in which you do a lot of walking through ruined urban areas. You will be seized by the urge to check other people's mailboxes and garbage cans for ammunition and skill books.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Lesson of the Day...
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2011, 09:30:11 pm »

I guess add marginally aged dairy products to the list of things people over 30 are scared of.  Right under boner pill/gout medication drug interactions. I do not miss the future.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Lesson of the Day...
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2011, 11:55:57 pm »

... people over 30...

It could happen to you.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Lesson of the Day...
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2011, 03:42:01 am »

I find my boner pills go down well with aged cheese.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Lesson of the Day...
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2011, 08:29:56 pm »

Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Lesson of the Day...
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2011, 11:23:02 pm »

Remember, sometimes boner pills are a recreational drug.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Lesson of the Day...
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2011, 04:47:35 am »

Today's lesson, also from the department of geriatric complaints: if you have certain pills you have to take every morning and certain other pills you have to take every night, for fuck's sake, keep the bottles separate!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Lesson of the Day...
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2011, 09:59:03 pm »

"Do you know where Falencia's office is?"
"[first name] Valencia? Yes ma'am, she's in this cubicle"
"NO. I said FALENCIA."
"yeah, that's [first name]. This is her office right here."
"FALENCIA."
"..."

Lesson of the day: there is [name] Valencia, and there is another woman down the hall whose first name is Falencia.

So I guess I'm the jerk here. Sure felt uppity about it at the time.

we're all That Guy sometimes.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Lesson of the Day...
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2011, 02:08:19 am »

I met a nice French couple once when I was traveling.

I expended my knowledge of French in introducing myself, and jokingly saying that the hike we were on was easy.    They told me their names, and... her name was "Hose-ah-nine."

I kept repeating it, "HOSE-AH-NINE?" until finally she just nodded and smiled.   I came away feeling like an ugly american.    Later I was informed by a guest register that "Rosalyn" with a deep French accent hits my ear in the worst way.

(I also felt like Viktor Krum in The Goblet of Fire trying to say Hermione's name.  "HERMY-OH-NINNY")
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Lesson of the Day...
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2011, 04:58:17 am »

(I also felt like Viktor Krum in The Goblet of Fire trying to say Hermione's name.  "HERMY-OH-NINNY")

until i heard someone else say it out loud, i wasnt much better.  all saying, "her-me-OWN" in my head...
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Lesson of the Day...
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2011, 05:42:19 pm »

Lesson of the Day: certain bullet vibrators with a wireless remote are tuned to the same frequency, meaning that you can control more than one with the same remote.

Hopefully you will discover this by having the lady at the sex shop test the one you are about to buy and noticing that the other one on the countertop also vibrates when she turns on yours.
Hopefully you will not discover, while out to dinner with your date, that someone else in the restaurant has one, too.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Lesson of the Day...
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2011, 06:33:14 pm »

Today I learned there is actually something that annoys me more than someone piling onto the elevator as soon as the door opens, not giving the people ON the elevator the opportunity to get out.

And that thing is: people getting OFF the elevator, standing immediately in front of the doors, looking around bewildered, and dicking around long enough that the elevator closes behind them, before anyone can get on.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up