Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: extreme couponing  (Read 9118 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: extreme couponing
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2011, 03:06:26 pm »

Oh, and I wonder how many people on the show are Mormons. Only because I've heard that many Mormons think that you should have a year's worth of food/supplies and that Glenn Beck has been pushing this idea. And the only extreme couponer that I know happens to be Mormon, but she had the coupons before she had the Morminity.

Maybe this is an unknown method of recruitment.  You get a coupon mailer for one free, saved soul, and well, who's going to pass that up, right?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: extreme couponing
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2011, 03:38:07 pm »

Maybe this is an unknown method of recruitment.  You get a coupon mailer for one free, saved soul, and well, who's going to pass that up, right?

Oh how I laughed at that.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: extreme couponing
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2011, 01:12:51 am »

Maybe it's just one night on NBC, but Community and Parks and Recreation are awesome.  Those are middlebrow I think.

Community is terrific.  Daughter 2 loves P&R.

Anybody watch Louie or Wilfred?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: extreme couponing
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2011, 01:36:12 am »

I mostly watch Youtube.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: extreme couponing
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2011, 02:03:39 am »

Anybody watch Louie or Wilfred?

I saw the first few episodes of Wilfred and was actually shocked at how good it was. It's a remake of an aussie show (starring the same guy as Wilfred) and I was sure they'd ruin it but it's really pretty good. Completely different tone to the original, but that's a good thing.

Community is obviously beyond reproach, I've never been able to watch a full episode of parks and rec. The average quirkiness per character is too high on that show, Community characters are slightly less quirky so I can enjoy them.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: extreme couponing
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2011, 02:09:15 am »

Louie is so good it hurts. I'm pretty sure Louis C.K. wasn't always this funny. I wonder what happened.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: extreme couponing
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2011, 03:51:29 am »

Quote
Community is obviously beyond reproach, I've never been able to watch a full episode of parks and rec. The average quirkiness per character is too high on that show, Community characters are slightly less quirky so I can enjoy them.

What?? We have very opposite impressions of these two shows. I couldn't handle watching a full episode of Community because of how annoying I found the characters.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: extreme couponing
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2011, 05:48:35 am »

Perversely I think I like the community characters more because they're obviously stereotypes. The combination of faux documentary style and the down-to-earth but eccentric characters in P&R makes their weirdness that much harder for me to enjoy, whereas in Community everyone is a weird caricature in a weird caricature universe.
While we're getting things out in the open I'm not huge on the Office for pretty much the same reason.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: extreme couponing
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2011, 06:22:49 am »

I used to dig it, and still watch it (mainly because it is on next to community and parks and rec), but that show hasn't been good in a few years at least.  It's first year was pretty bad too.  Years 2-4or5 are pretty darn good, though I get why you don't like it.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: extreme couponing
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2011, 07:03:39 am »

I would watch the Office, but I really hate to turn on the television.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: extreme couponing
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2011, 12:22:36 pm »

Louie is so good it hurts. I'm pretty sure Louis C.K. wasn't always this funny. I wonder what happened.

i dont know, but here he talks about how george carlin made him a better stand-up comedian.... at the dudes memorial service.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: extreme couponing
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2011, 01:11:26 pm »

Louie is so good it hurts.

This.  The first one I ever saw was the one where he takes his daughters to visit his great-aunt.  I was shocked (Shocked, I tell you, SHOCKED!) by how good it was.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: extreme couponing
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2011, 01:29:12 pm »

Oh yeah.  I haven't even seen Louis, but I'll believe it's so good.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: extreme couponing
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2011, 02:27:05 pm »

I have seen a bit of Season 1 on Netflix streaming. It's not at the top of my list -- I'm not a sitcommy person, generally -- but I enjoyed what I saw of it. Will probably watch later if I run out of Star Trek. I enjoy his stand-up, though. It speaks to me on a visceral level. He says out loud all those things a parent thinks but is afraid to admit.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: extreme couponing
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2011, 03:52:31 pm »

Louie is the best drama about comedy ever. His stand-up is riotous but his show is deeply introspective and often difficult. I can't get enough.

Community is a sitcom about sitcoms, manipulating and parodying the tropes other shows simply utilize, while honoring the best examples of the form (and becoming one at the same time). I think Dan Harmon is probably a genius, evidenced mainly by casting Don Glover and Danny Pudi. Those two are great together.

If anybody ain't watching Archer, you're missing out. FX shows [adult swim] what they could be doing if they didn't waste every night with reruns of ***** Chicken and Family Guy.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up