Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 65059 times)

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #150 on: October 21, 2011, 08:49:34 pm »

Hurm hurm hurm...

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Now I'm going to get so confused! I'm going to think, who the hell is this new guy with the lame avatar?!?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #151 on: October 21, 2011, 08:51:19 pm »

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Now I'm going to get so confused! I'm going to think, who the hell is this new guy with the lame avatar?!?

Are you questioning Ron Swanson?
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #152 on: October 21, 2011, 11:32:34 pm »

I actually really like that for Ash.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #153 on: October 22, 2011, 12:32:14 am »

Are you questioning Ron Swanson?


I have no idea who Ron Swanson is, but I am definitely questioning the decision to choose an avatar that is kind of off-putting, instead of oddly sci-fi-sexy.

How am I going to pretend that Ash is a pointy-haired space traveler now?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #154 on: October 22, 2011, 01:01:42 am »

Ron Swanson has long reminded me of the Ash
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #155 on: October 22, 2011, 04:29:45 am »

Is that "hurm hurm hurm" from ZZ Top's La Grange?

That's the only hurm hurm hurm I know in popular culture.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #156 on: October 22, 2011, 04:47:56 am »

That's not hurm hurm hurm, it's haw haw haw and hmm hmm hmm.  No hurms.

haw haw haw.

And here's a video where I talk about the chicken ranch.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #157 on: October 22, 2011, 06:03:06 am »

jl, just look up parks&rec on hulu some time. it might be an acquired taste, but i think it's one of the best things on tv these days.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #158 on: October 22, 2011, 06:21:51 am »

jl, just look up parks&rec on hulu some time. it might be an acquired taste, but i think it's one of the best things on tv these days.

if you dont want to watch the show, but are still curious about ron fuck*ng swanson, there lots of clips on youtube.  also, this is his essence, boiled down.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #159 on: October 23, 2011, 07:03:41 am »

And here's a video where I talk about the chicken ranch.
I had no idea your Texas accent was so pronounced.  (Its a good thing, although I immediately thought of King of the Hill).  You're quite the raconteur!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #160 on: November 04, 2011, 11:56:17 pm »

Has anybody put together a Wall Street-themed porn called "Too Big To Fail?"

It pretty much writes itself.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #161 on: November 06, 2011, 03:31:09 am »

When I was one of two guys left in my commercial real estate slinging gig, the only way to not be monitored was to step outside for a smoke. Kind of dazed by a mid morning pep talk the other guy looked at me, totally confused, "Did our boss just tell us to go to the mall and chill out?"
 "I don't know aaron, I can't figure out if that was a trick to see which one of us he would fire"
~Random Thoughts 11/5/11~
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #162 on: November 06, 2011, 04:21:11 am »

"Auntie Anne's Pretzels are for closers!"
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #163 on: November 06, 2011, 06:46:53 pm »

Was it a mall that you were selling?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #164 on: November 09, 2011, 04:52:52 am »



rough chuckles
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29   Go Up