Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 65186 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #270 on: March 06, 2012, 02:33:44 am »

I like to think those last two are connected somehow.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #271 on: March 06, 2012, 03:06:19 am »

Nerve regeneration burns like some kinda molten liquid under your skin!

Crap, I didn't really mind the numb patch.

Mine itched. But then, it didn't come all the way back. Not yet, anyway.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #272 on: March 06, 2012, 04:59:10 pm »

I never liked that my left big toe used to be numb all the time, but I am still sometimes weirded out now that it has feeling in it again.  It was numb for so long that being not numb seems like the less natural state.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #274 on: March 06, 2012, 06:21:58 pm »

I may be considering some Mother's Day overkill, here.

If I bear a child for you, can I get one too?

Purely theoretically, of course. It would take a lot more than a fancy car to get my equipment out of retirement.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #275 on: March 06, 2012, 06:36:54 pm »

[Spouse likes fast hosss and Porsches, what can I say?]
Well who doesn't? 
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #276 on: March 06, 2012, 06:43:06 pm »

You picked a winnner, Ash. She's perfect for you.

I'd rather have my roof fixed. What would I have to do for 6 grand in cash?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #277 on: March 07, 2012, 04:45:59 pm »

I thought long and hard about the Boxster. In the end, I wanted a back seat because we only have one car, and a Panamera wouldn't even fit in my living room, much less my garage.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #278 on: March 07, 2012, 06:25:53 pm »

Nabu, you need a backseat for a lot of reasons dude. How else are you going to move around all the Honies and Amps?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #279 on: March 07, 2012, 08:06:57 pm »

Nabu, you need a backseat for a lot of reasons dude. How else are you going to move around all the Honies and Amps?

Dude fully gets my thinking. And I'm pretty proud we were able to get a Marshall half-stack in the back of an RX-8.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #280 on: March 13, 2012, 03:19:23 pm »

I suck at games but i continue to play words with friends. Its fun even though i always lose and i always feel like a dumb fuck.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #281 on: March 28, 2012, 08:06:01 pm »

Last night, I crawled into bed with Pedro, snuggled right up close, and said, "Mmmm...being with you is almost as good as being alone."

Thankfully, he laughed. I wasn't kidding, but I'm glad he gets me enough to know it wasn't intended as an insult.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #282 on: March 30, 2012, 08:46:06 pm »

Spouse does the same when he gets to sleep before me too, which is rare.  I do a hoist and roll procedure that seems to fold him in on himself, then I wedge myself in and use my full body to roll him over the rest of the way onto his side.  He's a heavy sleeper, so I fail to disturb him with this even if I try to.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #283 on: April 05, 2012, 04:45:29 pm »

Arabic Calzones are a thing?  I heard about this today and now I'm sitting in a total dive waiting for edible proof.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #284 on: April 05, 2012, 08:25:19 pm »

Well here's a photo on Urban Spoon of the Arabic Calzone (note: I didn't take this photo).  It was pretty much just a baked version of chicken shawarma in a calzone shell.  Spiced chicken, coleslaw, tomato slices and garlic sauce.  The crust was nice, but I don't see what the other reviewers are raving about - it was just "alright.  The place was so dingy and the service so poor that I'm definitely going to stick with my usual Shawarma place, which is only a block away. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29   Go Up