Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 65012 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #315 on: April 15, 2012, 11:50:32 pm »

a scoop of ice cream on top of a round, fried, dough thingy.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #316 on: April 16, 2012, 02:26:35 am »

the donut ride was fun. Didn't eat enough donuts. Then I made up for it with beer and a fat burger. What a great day.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #317 on: April 16, 2012, 12:48:34 pm »

the donut ride was fun. Didn't eat enough donuts. Then I made up for it with beer and a fat burger. What a great day.

A fat burger? Or a Fatburger?

Ok, I can stop. I'll go back to work now.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #318 on: April 16, 2012, 01:19:45 pm »

Blasphemy from Lore Sjoberg, who is currently visiting Vancouver:

Quote
Tim Horton’s is actually not that good and doesn’t have Wi-Fi.

And he says you have a Ben & Jerry's flavor “If I Had 1,000,000 Flavours.” Even the ice cream is subject to Canadian Content rules apparently.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #319 on: April 16, 2012, 03:45:01 pm »

tim hortons vs. flying j
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #320 on: April 16, 2012, 04:19:16 pm »

That's what makes Tim Hortons so patently Canadian - it's utterly inoffensive.  It's not bad, and it's unobtrusively descent without being over-the-top.  I don't think Tim's is the gold standard of coffee shops, but it's consistant and always moderatly okay or better.  I'm not a coffee drinker, but some people are rabid about Tim's coffee though, to the point where a very popluar urban legend popped up several years ago about it.  I drive past a Tim Hortons every morning that has a line up for the drive-thru that is sometimes a block long and causes a mini traffic jam.

It's true about the peanut butter packets, the inter-transferablity of Canadian and American pocket change, and the Ben and Jerry's (though I've heard the same ice cream flavours just have different names in the US).    There are no red curbs in Canada, I've never even heard of this.  Considering the snow typically conceals the road and curbs for up to six months of the year in my part of the world, it's no wonder why we don't do that.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #321 on: April 16, 2012, 08:07:41 pm »

Well, and Tim Hortons was actually Tim Horton's at one time, which is fuck*ng awesome.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #322 on: April 17, 2012, 03:55:08 pm »

It is awesome.  They still do a lot to suport kids in sport and camping and stuff. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #323 on: April 17, 2012, 11:46:21 pm »

I have absolutely no idea what Tim Horton's business practices are, so this is not about them or really directed at you, Smells, but when people all talk about the charitable contributions of people/businesses who made their cash in shitty ways it don't make it right.  It don't make it right at all.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #324 on: April 18, 2012, 12:32:18 am »

But doughnuts are not shitty! In moderation anyway.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #325 on: April 18, 2012, 01:11:47 am »

I have absolutely no idea what Tim Horton's business practices are, so this is not about them or really directed at you, Smells, but when people all talk about the charitable contributions of people/businesses who made their cash in shitty ways it don't make it right.  It don't make it right at all.

You think? Yeah, I think everyone agrees with that - but it does make it better than not being charitable at all. Bill Gates may have made his money by fuck*ng other people out of their ideas, but it's pretty cool he's donated like 5 billion (yes) dollars to charity.

And a professional hockey player who makes doughnuts (or donuts) is fuck*ng blameless. Dude is not trafficking in Thai prostitutes here.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #326 on: April 18, 2012, 02:20:42 am »

Well, he's dead, for one.

I wouldn't put it past Sean Avery, though.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #327 on: April 19, 2012, 11:47:00 pm »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #328 on: April 20, 2012, 06:05:22 pm »

If you enter my office and describe to me a "best case scenario" that involves work at any level, I will laugh at you. My best case scenario ends up with, as Diamond Dave might say, a drink in my hand . . . my toes in the sand (apologies for traditional Van Halen live incoherency).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #329 on: April 21, 2012, 11:25:52 pm »

I think that, from now on, when I hear somebody say something incorrect, I'm going to reply, in my normal tone of voice, with, "Oh, foolish mortal."
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29   Go Up