Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 64818 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #405 on: August 14, 2012, 03:13:17 pm »

Eat papusas one more time.

...what??
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #406 on: August 14, 2012, 03:31:49 pm »

I have touched a British Chick's ass. That should be on everyone's bucket list.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #407 on: August 14, 2012, 06:08:08 pm »

Eat papusas one more time.

...what??

exactly.  i could eat them every fuck*ng day.  i guess 14 year olds are short sighted......
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #408 on: August 14, 2012, 07:52:37 pm »

exactly.  i could eat them every fuck*ng day.  i guess 14 year olds are short sighted......
This is the same guy who wants to touch a pu$$y "one more time" and touch "A" british girl's butt.

He's setting the bar pretty low.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #409 on: August 15, 2012, 10:39:46 pm »

If you send me a message of some sort that ends with "Sent from my ..." I'm pretty much gonna want to punch you in the giblets.

I'm pretty sure their phone adds that automatically. Though, they could probably turn it off if they checked the settings. Don't know. My phone is too old for that kind of shenanigans. I doubt that anyone is intentionally adding that message to brag about what kind of phone they are using.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #410 on: August 16, 2012, 02:18:37 am »

Yes. I can confirm that that's the default signature, and it's kind of a pain to turn it off. Plus, a lot of people don't realize that their phones append the tagline (because how often do you email yourself? I mean, unless you're a nerd like Pedro who uses email as a reminder system and task list).

But, yeah. It still sucks.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #411 on: August 16, 2012, 02:35:06 am »

Its not intentional but it sure is annoying. There is one guy in particular where it is always a clue he is not in the office. "Sent From my iPad" = Jay didn't feel like getting out of bed today.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #412 on: August 16, 2012, 12:40:02 pm »

It is taking advantage of people who aren't nerds (and therefore don't know how to turn it off) to get free advertising. That's what irritates me.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #413 on: August 16, 2012, 02:10:49 pm »

It is taking advantage of people who aren't nerds (and therefore don't know how to turn it off) to get free advertising. That's what irritates me.

Along these lines: I've always wondered what would happen if an athlete, pro or olympic, used a seam-ripper to remove the embroidered Nike/Addidas/etc logo from their jerseys. Would they be fined? Pulled from the field and forced to put on a new jersey? Similarly, what if a reality show actor always held their soda etc with their palm over the logo instead of to camera?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #414 on: August 16, 2012, 03:02:05 pm »

I've always wondered what would happen if an athlete, pro or olympic, used a seam-ripper to remove the embroidered Nike/Addidas/etc logo from their jerseys. Would they be fined? Pulled from the field and forced to put on a new jersey?

Yes, those companies paid a lot of money to have that logo on there. Hellfire would reign down on any athlete who tried to alter the uniform.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #415 on: August 16, 2012, 10:36:33 pm »

This was at a small division one program and goddamed if Reebok wasn't paying attention just fine to little shit like that.
Interns gotta do something.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #416 on: August 17, 2012, 09:26:58 am »

Yes. I can confirm that that's the default signature, and it's kind of a pain to turn it off. Plus, a lot of people don't realize that their phones append the tagline (because how often do you email yourself? I mean, unless you're a nerd like Pedro who uses email as a reminder system and task list).

But, yeah. It still sucks.

I thought everybody did that!
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #417 on: August 17, 2012, 11:33:14 am »

I thought everybody did that!
I know I do.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #418 on: August 17, 2012, 11:38:34 am »

I email myself constantly, to keep track of things I find on the web when I am not at my own computer, to remind myself of something, all sorts of stuff.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #419 on: August 17, 2012, 11:51:48 am »

Wombles, Lprkn, Acap, and Pedro holding tight on the "**** the FTP. we're straight from the e-mail cloud"
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29   Go Up