Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Celebrity Lookalikes  (Read 3822 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Celebrity Lookalikes
« on: September 25, 2011, 05:53:36 pm »

It's only been maybe in the last ten or so years that I started to get "hey, you kinda look like (x)". On my first trip to Portland, a guy sidled up to me in a record store and furtively mumbled "you're Spiderman" (note: not you look like the guy who plays Spiderman). I've also gotten Jason Bateman and Nathan Fillion. All pretty good-looking guys (movies stars and all that) and maybe I look a little like them.

Today I get "if you gained 50 pounds and were bald, you'd look like the guy with the cowboy hat from Anchorman" (David Koechner).

A) Um, what the fuck? I'll cut you.
B) Hows about you folks? Do you ever get this?

(We may have already done this and I realize it's not as fun without pictures, but there's FB, and also protecting personal privacy. This whole thing may be a bust.)
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Celebrity Lookalikes
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 06:25:03 pm »

When people tell me I look like Penn Gillette, I get sad.

When people tell me I look like the morbidly obese gentlemen from Blues Traveller, I get fuck*ng ANGRY.

These just seem like ways of telling me 'HEY FAT FUCK, YOU LOOK LIKE YOU'RE GONNA DIE YOUNG, YOU FAT FUCK!'

I've gotten John Belushi a coupla times, I can live with that. I've gotten Jay Leno once or twice, he's an unfunny sell-out but he's not particularly ugly so, like, I'll take it.

In my mind? In my mind, I look like a taller older version of the character Adam Goldberg played in Dazed and Confused.

And then I look in the mirror and I weep.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Celebrity Lookalikes
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 06:33:34 pm »

When people tell me I look like Penn Gillette, I get sad.

When people tell me I look like the morbidly obese gentlemen from Blues Traveller, I get fuck*ng ANGRY.

These just seem like ways of telling me 'HEY FAT FUCK, YOU LOOK LIKE YOU'RE GONNA DIE YOUNG, YOU FAT FUCK!'

I've gotten John Belushi a coupla times, I can live with that.

I'm confused. Isn't telling you you look like Belushi more telling you that thing than any of the others?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Celebrity Lookalikes
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 06:36:07 pm »

When I was young people sometimes told me I looked like Linda Blair. Note that this was not because I did a lot of vomiting and having my head spin around, which I didn't. But mostly this just shows how old I am, that when I was young anyone cared who Linda Blair was.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Celebrity Lookalikes
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 08:39:01 pm »

I used to get Meg Ryan a lot. Once from a guy who was a dead ringer for Kevin Bacon.

Now I don't hear much of anything. People I went to high school or college with usually completely fail to recognize me when we meet by chance. Pedro hasn't changed much, so sometimes they'll recognize him, come up to greet him, and then introduce themselves to me as if we'd never met. It's very embarrassing for them, but I was neither very memorable (outside of being the girlfriend of the nicest, friendliest guy in school) nor do I bear much resemblance to what I looked like 15 years ago, so I'm not really offended by that.

Mets, in my mind you look and sound like Kevin Smith. I have seen enough pictures of you to know this isn't true, but I like to believe it so there it is.

Also, in my mind, Jough looks like John Flansburgh of TMBG. Also completly untrue, but pleasant to think about just the same.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Celebrity Lookalikes
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 10:27:39 pm »

I'm rarely compared to anyone else appearance wise.  Being Metis means there aren't any celebrities who look much like me.  I had been compared to Janine Garofalo humour wise, and a university classmate and I were also called Waldorf and Statler, though I'm not sure which one I was in that situation.  I found both comparisons more or less complimentary.  I'm still pretty snappy on the uptake, but I must admit I've lost my pessimistic edge over the years despite seeing worse and worse human behavior.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Celebrity Lookalikes
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 11:15:03 pm »

When people tell me I look like the morbidly obese gentlemen from Blues Traveller, I get fuck*ng ANGRY.




ive been told i look like 'donkey lips" from that old tv show "salute your shorts".  probably moreso when i was a teenager, but i still do, kind of.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Celebrity Lookalikes
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 06:11:28 am »

For some reason, in my mind I always picture Belushi at the thinnest points of his career, when he was merely chubby and not full-blown fat.

I can deal with being a little heavy, I don't have any problem with being a little heavy.

But being told I look like John Popper at the weight he carried when he was his most famous, when it looked like he ate three large butter shakes for each of his six meals every day, enrages a dude.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Celebrity Lookalikes
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 06:16:27 am »

ALSO: in my mind, I sound to myself like Garrison Keilor on amphetamines.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Celebrity Lookalikes
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 01:41:22 pm »

Quentin Tarantino and Matt Damon. Randy Travis, if I'm skinny.

Mostly the mad science-enabled gay love child of Quentin and Damon, though.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Celebrity Lookalikes
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2011, 01:52:34 pm »

ALSO: in my mind, I sound to myself like Garrison Keilor on amphetamines.
I think Wombat may have just meant that John Belushi actually did die young, while the others are still kicking.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Celebrity Lookalikes
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2011, 01:54:55 pm »

Don & Mike used to phrase this as "Who is the celebrity you most resemble?"
Me, Philip Seymour Hoffman.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Celebrity Lookalikes
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2011, 02:31:32 pm »

I think Wombat may have just meant that John Belushi actually did die young, while the others are still kicking.

Yeah. I mean, if I have to look like a lame celebrity, at least Linda Blair grew up to run an animal sanctuary.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Celebrity Lookalikes
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2011, 05:03:31 pm »

Quentin Tarantino and Matt Damon. Randy Travis, if I'm skinny.

Mostly the mad science-enabled gay love child of Quentin and Damon, though.

Now that you mention it, I can sort of see Matt Damon, if you don't look too close. I think you're better-looking than MD, though -- he has a creepy serial-killer smile.

Also,
ALSO: in my mind, I sound to myself like Garrison Keilor on amphetamines.

Is that they way you hear yourself in your head, or the way you think you sound when you listen to a recording of yourself?

In my head, I sound like Diana Krall.

When I listen to myself on a recording, I think I sound like Melanie Griffith. I hate Melanie Griffith.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 05:42:17 pm by jay-ell »
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Celebrity Lookalikes
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2011, 05:08:46 pm »

Yeah. I mean, if I have to look like a lame celebrity, at least Linda Blair grew up to run an animal sanctuary.

She also has really big titties.  Oh wait, that's probably not an important point.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up