Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Occupy Wall Street  (Read 24206 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Occupy Wall Street
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2011, 06:38:07 pm »

So as long as it's abortions for some, tiny American flags for others?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Occupy Wall Street
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2011, 07:33:03 pm »

occupywriters.com is blocked by my big publicly-held company's firewall.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Occupy Wall Street
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2011, 09:34:04 pm »

occupywriters.com is blocked by my big publicly-held company's firewall.
No one is paying you to rage against the man. Get back to work.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Occupy Wall Street
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2011, 05:15:00 pm »

Right person to brain with a teargas canister: an unemployed crust-punk with dead rich parents and a trust fund.

wrong person: a gainfully employed Iraq War vet.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Occupy Wall Street
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2011, 07:34:05 pm »

No no no.

The dude to brain is the dude who wears a big costume to promote his one-man-show in a basement in Greenpoint that has nothing to do with the politics of the moment.

Just, like, full-on leafleting his show about his overbearing grandmother where he dresses up like Dorf and yodels.

Brain the fuck outta that guy.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Occupy Wall Street
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2011, 09:11:16 pm »

yeah, last night the protesters here were told to evacuate the park they'd occupied. they found themselves in the street, protesting in a major thoroughfare. then they found themselves being arrested for obstructing traffic.

where is 'peaceably assemble' qualified by 'with proper permits and paperwork'?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Occupy Wall Street
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2011, 10:15:13 pm »

You can't yell fire in a movie theater, you can't carry a bazooka into a school, and you can't shit all over the park. There are reasonable restrictions to what people are allowed to do in public. Zuccotti park is filled with garbage and actual human waste. It is disgusting and I don't blame other municipalities for trying to keep the peace for the people who aren't yelling about things.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Occupy Wall Street
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2011, 12:52:27 am »

Hookworm.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Occupy Wall Street
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2011, 01:04:03 am »

Its an issue because I generally like to move about the city without dealing with poop. This country has seen its share of populist movements, but this is the first one that will be remembered for people shitting all over the place.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Occupy Wall Street
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2011, 01:24:07 am »

I bet the people in Hoovervilles abstained from shitting by pulling on their boot straps so hard.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Occupy Wall Street
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2011, 03:08:03 am »

The idea that the people who hate the ideas that the Occupy movement espouse, like more government programmes and social services and public services and public-sector jobs, are complaining about how the Occupy movement is a strain on... their public streets and public sanitation... this fuck*ng tickles me.

And then they demand that the police go in and break the Occupy movement's fuck*ng skulls.

By the publicly employed and strongly unionized police.

As Bart Simpson once said, the ironing is delicious.

EDIT: American mainstream conservatism is completely fuck*ng intellectually inconsistent is what a dude is saying here.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Occupy Wall Street
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2011, 03:09:09 pm »

Scratch the surface of the political posturing and, yeah, LA is a very conservative town politically... at least that, at the end of the day, it's a big business industry town and whatever the tourism and entertainment industries think will benefit them basically happens.

Not to mention that the political discourse is fuck*ng dominated by KFI jackoffs and an LA Times that was consistently much farther to the right than they ever want to admit.

Maybe not in terms of social politics but in terms of economic politics, LA is about as rockhard conservative a town as you can possibly get. Its a town full of lottery ticket nouveau riche entertainment types desperately trying to impress the old money in a business environment that tears through underlings who work for nothing because they wanna live the dream of being in the entertainment business and a commercial environment that thrives on the backs of illegals who work for nothing because they wanna live the dream of not dying in the crossfire of the drugwar in Tiajuana. The gap between the haves and the have-nots is not only a bleeding gash there but the gap is openly flaunted as your personal karmic failure if you don't overcome it. The idea that if you're not rich, you just didn't cheat well enough or get lucky enough was the whole mind-fuck behind the real estate bubble.

My boots aren't on the ground there but I could totally see Tony Villar being told by entertainment CEOs or whatnot that Occupy LA is making The Magic Store (TM) look bad and to sweep out that shit, "forget about it, Jake, it's Tinseltown" style.

Oakland I can't speak for, never been there. From my friends in the Bay Area, though, I've gotten a little bit of a sense of it being like Oakland is sick of looking like a town of dangerous angry rioting radicals looking for any reason to go, between the legacies of radical African-American movements there and local college muckrackers still flitting through trying to strike sparks of the Sixties again. I could see that totally being a Chamber of Commerce Image Improvement business pressure thing that's more about economic forces than social political leanings.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Occupy Wall Street
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2011, 11:55:48 pm »

I almost went to check out OWS today to see if there was really poop there, but I decided to go to the zoo instead, I guess I wanted to go somewhere where there was no difference of opinion about whether there would be poop.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Occupy Wall Street
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2011, 06:50:39 pm »

You can't yell fire in a movie theater, you can't carry a bazooka into a school, and you can't shit all over the park. There are reasonable restrictions to what people are allowed to do in public. Zuccotti park is filled with garbage and actual human waste. It is disgusting and I don't blame other municipalities for trying to keep the peace for the people who aren't yelling about things.

Sounds like a job for Night Soil Men.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up