Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Occupy Wall Street  (Read 24330 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Occupy Wall Street
« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2011, 11:58:03 pm »

Yeah it takes that kind of mentality I guess. According to LFM, it takes a sociopathic drive to succeed. I forgot I shared that instance of my life with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAQ4yNgXelk

Never forget.
Never forgive.

I'm super mad about your tie.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Occupy Wall Street
« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2011, 12:03:35 am »

Never forget.
Never forgive.

I'm super mad about your tie.

Smick, we should hook up when I'm back in town. I'm pretty sure I still have your phone number - should I just call you sometime?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Occupy Wall Street
« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2011, 02:28:05 am »

Quote from: Arachno-capitalist
According to LFM, it takes a sociopathic drive to succeed.

I only meant that in terms of my personal aspirations toward a media job, actually.

Pretty much the only people I knew who were making it in teevee or film had to give up all of their personal life and most of their ethics for like... years... to succeed beyond paying the rent.

You gotta have a laser-like singular focus... or a lot of connections or a lot of luck... in that field.

Devoting your entiire waking life to exaggerating and namedropping and schmoozing and sucking up and turning on people at the drop of a hat and stuff. It is very hard to be, well, nice in that field and succeed.

I can see where I wasn't perfectly clear in delineating that point, though.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Occupy Wall Street
« Reply #93 on: November 04, 2011, 05:29:28 pm »

Smick, we should hook up when I'm back in town. I'm pretty sure I still have your phone number - should I just call you sometime?

Sure!  That would be rad!   I'm in Reno (with the Vitamin D) next week between Tuesday and Friday afternoon.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Occupy Wall Street
« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2011, 05:38:28 pm »

Your rational debate is impeding my ability to make gross generalizations and categorically write off everybody involved as a bunch of idiots. Cut it out!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Occupy Wall Street
« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2011, 06:43:43 pm »

Watch out guys, The Authority is calling for the tear gas to lay down on us!

I have my bandana and Coke. I'll be a'ight.

Smick, I'll call you week after next.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Occupy Wall Street
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2011, 10:16:49 pm »

Your rational debate is impeding my ability to make gross generalizations and categorically write off everybody involved as a bunch of idiots. Cut it out!
Yeah no one turned on The Internet Debate Machine here and it makes me sad that we all grew up and acquired brains. If strangers can't yell at each other over the interwebs then what is this all even about?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Occupy Wall Street
« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2011, 11:09:58 pm »

Yeah no one turned on The Internet Debate Machine here and it makes me sad that we all grew up and acquired brains.

You take that back.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Occupy Wall Street
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2011, 11:56:28 pm »

My opinions have not changed too much. Except the one where I used to think it made sense to yell at conservatives on the internet.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Occupy Wall Street
« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2011, 12:10:07 am »

I'm with you, except the one where I used to think it made sense to yell.

Or maybe the one where I used to think it made sense.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Occupy Wall Street
« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2011, 02:27:16 am »

Or maybe the one where I used to think it made sense.

Nabu gets to the hot, sticky core of the issue.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Occupy Wall Street
« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2011, 03:47:31 pm »

My opinions have not changed too much. Except the one where I used to think it made sense to yell at conservatives on the internet.

leave the yelling to the conservatives.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Occupy Wall Street
« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2011, 04:30:12 pm »

leave the yelling to the conservatives.

Other than hella yellin' about the sex.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Occupy Wall Street
« Reply #103 on: November 09, 2011, 12:02:42 pm »

We've gotta make up for the conservatives!
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up