Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: I am: THE FERMULE  (Read 33332 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2004, 03:20:36 am »

This is my first reading of this thread (being as how it was bumped and all, and I was lost when it began). Crazy! I'm looking forward to this 4/27 thing. Then I will know someone famous, although my cousin once made a guitar for Keb Mo'.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2004, 03:55:56 am »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
although my cousin once made a guitar for Keb Mo'.


That is much cooler than what I did.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2004, 03:18:24 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
although my cousin once made a guitar for Keb Mo'.


That is much cooler than what I did.

And if I had done it, I would be cool - but it wasn't actually me, so you have me trumped.

However, I know you (more or less) - thus my brush with greatness.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2004, 05:12:58 pm »

Here's an article from my hometown newspaper.  More than you wanted to know.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2004, 05:31:57 pm »

Hometown boy makes good!

Way to go, August.  We will be watching on Tuesday and cheering you on post facto.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2004, 05:32:35 pm »

... And of course mocking you for incorrect answers (questions, I guess, considering the Jeopardy format).

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2004, 05:56:56 pm »

Yay for August.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2004, 11:24:54 pm »

I'm disappointed.  I was really looking forward to seeing this, but I don't think I'm going to be able to (I'll be in Rolla, MO begging for a job).  I'll have to try and tape the episode, but I won't be able to watch it until friday or so.

Can I get a promise of spoiler warnings when y'all talk about how well AW did?
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2004, 02:38:24 am »

It's funny - I'm at work, and all the tv channels come on a satellite feed out of Denver. So, all the newscasts and everything have to do with Denver. Also, all the shows are shown like two hours earlier. So I'm all figuring I wouldn't get to watch it. But just this week they re-did all the tv programming so we get feed out of Anchorage, and Jeopardy will be on at its regularly scheduled time, and I will get to see it - which basically rocks.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2004, 03:13:41 am »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
So, all the newscasts and everything have to do with Denver.


This is odd for reasons which will become apparent on Tuesday.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2004, 03:21:34 am »

The correct Final Jeopardy question ends up being "What is Bob Denver's middle name?"
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2004, 03:46:34 am »

Maehbe.


I have tomorrow off - it's Confederate Memorial Day here in Georgia (what up wit dat?) - so I may just get to see Frankie-boy there on the small screen*! I'm meeting a fellow gov't worker for darts and beer at three, though, so it'll be a tight squeeze. I'll surely do my best!

It'll be wierd rooting for someone on Jeopardy. I usually play against all the contestants. My score kicks arse - but then, I'm not up on stage.


* It's on at 4:30 here because Oprah got Dr. Phil his own show and totally fucked up Atlanta's evening game show schedule. There are serious fights in progress with the affiliate in question.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2004, 02:29:56 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
so I may just get to see Frankie-boy there on the small screen!

Wait, so on the little screen in front of the lectern (or whatever the fuck) it won't say AugustWest?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2004, 02:32:09 pm »

Remember, August, if I see or hear "Who is Jough?" from you during the course of the show, YOUR CHEQUE WILL BE IN THE MAIL THAT DAY, as per our agreement.

V-Adore

  • Guest
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2004, 02:55:26 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
so I may just get to see Frankie-boy there on the small screen!

Wait, so on the little screen in front of the lectern (or whatever the fuck) it won't say AugustWest?

Yeah, my paradigm was pretty crushed, too.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up