Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris waited all day for the Comcast repair guy, and he never showed up. What is he supposed to do with this cream pie?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: I am: THE FERMULE  (Read 33334 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #120 on: April 28, 2004, 04:56:14 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
I think Choop was referring to himself as the "douchebag," as per his statement:
Quote from: "Choop"
I can't figure out how to work a thing I had working for me just last week


Thanks, JL. 'Tis indeed what was meant. No offense meant, Paul.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #121 on: April 28, 2004, 07:49:11 pm »

Pedro, You. Are. Rad.

That was excellent and I thank you for the effort!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #122 on: April 28, 2004, 08:26:47 pm »

Pedro is WAY rad.  August is radder yet.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #123 on: April 28, 2004, 09:02:35 pm »

Radness abounds!

Thanks, guys.  I only did it because I have fewer than 90 posts, and I thought video posts counted extra.  So don't thank me, thank greed.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #124 on: April 28, 2004, 09:50:14 pm »

Okay, I just ordered one of these:

http://aver.com/products/dvm_AVerDVD_ezMakerPro_usb.shtml

and hopefully if it lives up to its promise (I particularly like that it has its own processor for encoding mpeg-2 video - which I can slip right to a DVD-R and record in real-time) I'll have videos of both nights by the weekend.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2004, 12:12:49 am »

I, for one, will never say the word "Prosciutto!" the same way again.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #126 on: April 29, 2004, 12:32:50 am »

Dang, that guy was weird. He was apparently in too much of a hurry to say "for" when choosing a category. And what's with the $100 wagers?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #127 on: April 29, 2004, 01:15:25 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I, for one, will never say the word "Prosciutto!" the same way again.


Did I say it wrong?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #128 on: April 29, 2004, 01:23:51 am »

August, all I have to say is -- if you were going to lose, at least you lost to someone wierd.  It makes it less painful, somehow.  

Trashy talk shows?  

Pedro's comment on seeing "Dave" for the first time: "HOLY LEX LUTHOR!"  

Was he that wierd in person?  

P.S. I don't think you mispronounced "proscuttio," but it was funny to hear Alex Trebec echo it with a lilt in his voice...hee hee...makes me giggle just thinkin' 'bout it.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #129 on: April 29, 2004, 01:41:46 am »

Oh man, that was heartbreaking.  I wish we could all get together and take that weird guy outside in the alley and beat him up.

Unrelated question: Are the women contestants always in last place?  I never watch Jeopardy but I remember the women were almost always last when I used to watch Win Ben Stein's Money.  The spouse claims that this is due to the superior male testosterone-driven button-pushing ability (his second theory after being pummeled for suggesting it's because men are smarter.)
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #130 on: April 29, 2004, 01:54:16 am »

He wasn't really that obnoxious in person, just kind of dorky.

Although I cannot imagine going on national television and telling people my hobby was watching Jerry fuck*ng Springer.  I mean really -- some people just have no shame.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #131 on: April 29, 2004, 01:59:05 am »

Aug - definitely, it's Alex' sort of perky, lilty, excited sounding 'Prosciutto!'

It sounds like a toast, or a group affirmation....

"I love you all and I thank you for everything you've done for me... <raises glass> prosciutto! <drains glass>"

Like that, except said by a dorky looking canadian guy.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #132 on: April 29, 2004, 02:54:46 am »

I fast-forwarded through the non-AW chat parts. I'm guessing that made weird guy even weirder.

The woman who was on tonight seemed to be shaking like crazy.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #133 on: April 29, 2004, 03:08:30 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
The woman who was on tonight seemed to be shaking like crazy.


Pedro noticed she was compulsively pushing her buzzer while she was answering her questions.  (Or questioning her answers, as the case may be.)  

Both of them.  

Ooooh, burn!  
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #134 on: April 29, 2004, 03:56:31 am »

Curses, I missed it.  He was really weirder than Gumby-guy?
Logged
goose means greedy
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up