Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Thanks for giving  (Read 7404 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Thanks for giving
« on: November 24, 2011, 02:42:34 pm »

Hey, happy day to all those who celebrate it. Do they have thanksgiving in Oz? Anyway, salutations to you and yours. I'll be celebrating here at work (seventh big year!) but at least I'll get to watch some throw-ball. You kids have fun out there!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Thanks for giving
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 03:40:21 pm »

man, I forgot what psychos my friends from highschool are. Every single one of them moved to NYC and I am already sick of hearing about the F train or whatever.

Also my old pal who I see twice a year still thinks She Knows Me and tries to do this whole "I'm your friend so I can say mean things that aren't true and say that you just won't admit they're true" thing. Bizarre. Also: she is such a bullshitter that she claims to know things about St Louis when I start to tell her things. "You think I don't know about Cherokee street? I live in Williamsburg, man."

I am really, really happy to be spending thanksgiving with my family. There will be lots of food, and I will make my parents drink hot apple cider with rye whiskey in it. Yum.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Thanks for giving
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 08:59:18 pm »

If you wanna get from certain hip spots in Brooklyn to certain others, Dan, you gotta take the J into Manhattan and then flip to the F back to Brooklyn.

There is a key weird reason why the F might come up, it is involved in the conspiracy to put you into Manhattan if you wanna get anywhere in Brooklyn by train.

My hint to you for blowing their minds would be to mention that on the G line, the G stands for "Good Luck Getting Anywhere On This Train".

It is the only major line that does not have a stop in Manhattan, it is under continuous ridiculous repair stoppages and it fuck*ng sucks on toast.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Thanks for giving
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 09:40:32 pm »

yeah, I have actually experienced that annoying thing where you have to go into Manhattan. And a different set of annoying friends insisted that we call a cab because they were too frustrated by having to do that. This made me so mad.

TIME FOR PIES.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks for giving
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 12:59:19 am »

The G train is fuck*ng useless. No person alive or dead has ever said "Man I really need to get from Classon Ave to Steinway St and I need that shit to be indirect. Manhattan can eat a dick."
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks for giving
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 04:28:52 am »

A lot of people are calling bullshit on this subway talk.  Y'all need to take the g line to another slice of pie
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Thanks for giving
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 12:24:15 pm »

well i didnt choke any greedy asshole soccermoms and i didnt get trampled.  first black friday as a retail-dude=a success.  i just got home and ate the hell out of some apple pie.  bed time will follow shortly.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Thanks for giving
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 05:34:31 am »

you're supposed to take the L train only and use a bike for anything else.  duh.
Logged
ACHIEVE

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Thanks for giving
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 05:38:33 am »

That's how I know I ain't no hipster, at least not a full-blood.

I take the J into Manhattan and when I wanna get around Brooklyn, I drive.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks for giving
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 05:47:57 am »

The J is one of the nicest and most useful lines. I don't know what Paul means about calling bullshit on the G train talk. I have been trapped on the G train and asked myself if it was a Milgram experiment run by the MTA.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 05:55:53 am by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks for giving
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 05:18:51 pm »

The J is one of the nicest and most useful lines. I don't know what Paul means about calling bullshit on the G train talk. I have been trapped on the G train and asked myself if it was a Milgram experiment run by the MTA.
He just doesn't want to hear it is the thing.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Thanks for giving
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 05:31:33 pm »

"Would you like to get from a random point in the western tip of Queens to a random point about halfway into Brooklyn? That doesn't sound inconvenient enough for you? How about we get to rebuilding a stop in the middle of that completely arbitrary line so that you have to transfer from point to point on the line via bus in a sketchy part of town? Still not fuck*ng idiotic enough? Okay, if you act now, we'll occasionally just shut the whole fuck*ng thing down on weekends without warning? NOW HOW MUCH WOULD YOU PAY?"

What do you think you're running from, person in charge of the G-line? The disease is inside of you.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Thanks for giving
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 06:24:51 pm »

I don't know what Paul means about calling bullshit on the G train talk.

My theory is that Paul prefers the A train, like I do. (Note: Though I have been to NYC, I have not taken the subway there.)
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Thanks for giving
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 06:27:24 pm »

Man, I hate it when I go to ride my hoss and he craps in the barn before we can get out on the trail and just leave it to nature.

public transportation will not kick you in the jewels.  win some, lose some.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Thanks for giving
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2011, 06:28:44 pm »

public transportation will not kick you in the jewels.  win some, lose some.

Although feces is often involved.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up