Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?  (Read 27226 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2012, 04:58:05 pm »

It is apparently some pop song that is somehow related to Justin Bieber. I asked Pedro about it the other day, but when he got to Bieber I stopped him.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2012, 06:24:53 pm »

Related. And awesome.

This reminded me of my high school girlfriend. She made a scrapbook of furniture we should have in our house when we get married. I told her that was a little weird, so she burned it in her back yard.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 06:38:03 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2012, 06:42:44 pm »

It is apparently some pop song that is somehow related to Justin Bieber. I asked Pedro about it the other day, but when he got to Bieber I stopped him.
Here is a non-bieber version. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWNaR-rxAic
Oddly, old people at the gym have been yucking it up about how catchy it is. Give it a few seconds and picture the geriatric ward rocking it on the treadmill.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2012, 08:54:30 pm »

Here is a non-bieber version.

I hope y'all watched that all the way through to the end.

I liked it. It's cute.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2012, 10:50:44 pm »

using instruments one would find in an elementary school classroom.
Needs more recorder.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2012, 11:11:54 pm »

if you watch the second guy from left (next to ?uestlove), you'll see him duck behind jimmy's head and then you'll hear a recorder

i really don't like that song but even i have to admit that arrangement was fun, and i enjoyed it
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2012, 11:17:51 pm »

Carly Rae Jepsen is a Canadian singer/songwriter, similar to Justin Beiber in that she started out young and in Canada before gaining broader acclaim.  She's been well known in Canada for quite a while, more so when she competed on Canadian Idol, and much more so since her song Call Me Maybe got popular.  Back when she had finished her Canadian Idol tour of the country, I was working for that crap job, basically as a booking agent, and I helped coordinate a small tour for her through my province.  She was nice and professional when I worked with her over the phone, I never listened to any of her music when I put together the tour.  I dismissed her as a Canadian Idol kid and didn't know until later that she had a music career before that.  It was only after the tour, when all the people who booked her said she was outstanding that I listened to some of her recordings.  Too bad I missed seeing her before she hit the big time in those tiny little venues I booked her into I guess.  What especially sets her apart is that she's not a manufactured artist - she writes her own music and is more or less genuinely who she presents herself to be.  She has a good singing voice without the aid of autotune.  Her link to Justin Beiber, apart from the similar backgrounds is that she is touring as his opening act on his current tour.  I actually quite like her music and considering she has actual talent, I'm glad she's seeing some south of the boarder success.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2012, 02:24:43 am »

I hope y'all watched that all the way through to the end.

I liked it. It's cute.

Yeah, I like it too. Such a great chorus. I also liked the Bieber fan video, but only for one viewing.

Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2012, 03:07:52 am »

I was actually wanting all y'all to see the twist ending.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2012, 03:12:56 am »

I was actually wanting all y'all to see the twist ending.
But once you see it, you can't unsee it. Every other time I watched it I was thinking "Yeah, I can see that"
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2012, 04:34:45 am »

Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2012, 07:25:45 am »

I'll twist your ending.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2012, 12:04:17 pm »

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2012, 06:34:59 am »

Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Up