Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Some shit about arcades or some such  (Read 8736 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2012, 09:39:09 pm »

I agree with Ash, arcades are bullshit anymore. I miss old-school games at Aladdin's Castle at the mall. Good times.

I don't even know if we *have* an arcade around here any more, unless you count Chuck E Cheese and his ilk.

Which I don't.

I guess there is one attached to the Putt Putt course? But I haven't been there in years. Because I hate miniature golf, and I have an XBox.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2012, 10:11:19 pm »

GKA, don't feel bad if I take a couple of cans away from you. It's the fourteen-year-old snickering pothead in me.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2012, 11:54:30 pm »

My grandparents lived in Vegas.   So for most of my life, it was a quiet, in bed by 10 kinda city for me.

well, i guess im referring to "vegas" and not vegas, the place where famblies live and work and try not to melt in the fuck*ng desert.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2012, 03:38:46 am »

And GKA is good to go on the cans.

Holy Diver! You've been down too long in the midnight sea! Oh what's becoming of me?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2012, 01:49:47 pm »

im not into: gambling, whores, being around cigarette smoke

Most of the casinos are non-smoking anymore. And there aren't that many whores just walking around (I think in all my trips to Vegas I have been approached by a woman I thought was possibly a lady of the night exactly once). Brothels are legal in the rest of the state, but not in Vegas, so if you want that kind of thing you have to go out of town. And of course you have the "flippers" who hand out cards and brochures for "escort and entertainment" services at various places on the strip, and if you called up one of those you could probably get whatever you wanted for the right price. But it's easy enough to ignore.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2012, 02:16:50 pm »

did i ask any of you to try and expand my horizons?  damn it...

(seriously, though.  i guess there are some good shows there, as well?  [[shrug]] i wouldnt probably go there of my own accord, but if i won a trip, i could probably find some rad shit to do.)
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2012, 02:55:12 pm »

I mentioned somewhere that last time I went it was to see Richard Cheese on New Years Eve, and that was totally solid. That same trip we saw Nashville Pussy and Reverend Horton Heat (another guy who seems to really fit with the Vegas experience). Supposed to see Hank III, but he nodded off or some shit, so special guest Lemmy, playing with the Rev.

I have posted that here like six times, but that's how much I enjoyed it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2012, 04:01:22 pm »

tricky dick cheese, the rev, and hank III are all rad folks that i would love to see.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2012, 04:34:00 pm »

What about Lemmy?

Seriously, Hank III was dope-sick or something. I was a little bummed, but I think in the end I was happier to see Lemmy.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2012, 05:33:33 pm »

Even if you don't like gambling, I still say everyone should experience Vegas at least once. Just for the garishness of it all.  GKA, how about big buffet meals? 'zat grab you?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2012, 06:35:43 pm »

Or if you want, rent a 360 Spider, fuck and yes.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2012, 08:20:57 pm »

I really wish I had done that. I decided, like a chump, that it was too expensive. I look forward to having a stroke in my old age and regretting that decision when it is too late.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2012, 06:44:22 pm »

I lost $35 in quarters, I know that.

Though I did set a record on this http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=3281 and that's as good as gold.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2012, 07:48:31 pm »

$20 bucks lasted me four hours plus the missus for two. i think i got about an hour on funhouse from one quarter. i used to play it in college, and it was just as good as i'd recalled.

i ain't set no records though so props to ya
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2012, 08:59:04 pm »

I play pinball marathon once a year at the Annual arcade Fest.  It cost $20 and I play for about 8 hours straight.  I didn't go last year because it conflicted with World Artcar Day.  I'm jonseing for some pinball.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up