Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Poll

What's the best punishment for the thieves?

Hung from the testicles with the highest strings of the stolen Fender Stratocaster
- 5 (31.3%)
Beaten Senseless with the Empty Bottles from the Bar
- 7 (43.8%)
Wrapped and Smothered with the stolen tent
- 4 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: January 10, 2004, 01:57:01 am


Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: House Robbery and Opportunity  (Read 25433 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
House Robbery and Opportunity
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2004, 01:27:15 am »

So many great suggestions on the other lists, but here's a few more (no duplicates I hope):

Art of Noise - (Who's Afraid of?) The Art of Noise!
Dave Brubeck - Time Out
Cocteau Twins - Heaven or Las Vegas, Treeasure or Bule Bell Knoll
Concrete Blonde - Bloodletting
Elvis Costello and the Attractions (take your pick)
The Cramps - Psychedelic Jungle/Gravest Hits
The Cure - Staring at the Sea - The Singles
Depeche Mode - Black Celebration or Music for the Masses
Echo and the Bunnymen - Songs to Learn and Sing
Everclear - World of Noise (or maybe Sparkle and Fade)
Stan Getz and Joao Gilberto - Getz / Gilberto
Green Day - Dookie
Joe Jackson - Look Sharp! or I'm The Man
Joy Division - Substance or Unknown Pleasures
Luna - Bewitched
Mazzy Star - She Hangs Brightly or So Tonight That I Might See
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - More Noise & Other Disturbances
Ministry - The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
New Order - Substance
Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine
Oingo Boingo - Boingo Alive
Orb - The Orb's Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld
Orbital - S/T or In Sides
Pet Shop Boys - Discography
Portishead - Dummy
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik
Siouxsie and the Banshees - Twice Upon a Time - The Singles
The Smiths - The Queen is Dead
The Specials - S/T
Talking Heads - Sand in the Vaseline
The The - Dusk
A Tribe Called Quest - People's Instinctive Travels...
Underworld - Second Toughest in the Infants
VA - The Funky 16 Corners

And probably a bunch more I can't think of right now.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
House Robbery and Opportunity
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2004, 01:54:02 am »

Aloha: I'm up for sending copies of CDs, not the CDs themselves.  Also, you will get a lot more music if I fill the discs with mp3s, but do youwant that, or just the audio CDs?

And do you want to specify from our lists, or just get surprised?
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
House Robbery and Opportunity
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2004, 02:24:35 am »

I'm so glad to see so much of the artist list I started listed here!

Mighty Mighty Bosstones was one for sure.

I am looking over all the info posted so far, and then I'll be posting a wish list. I'll send a mailing address to each person posting in this forum.

I am not sure about the MP3 issue; I realize I could get a hundred times more songs on a disk and having the songs is important too, but it makes the process harder than selecting a given CD of an artist to copy for me plus I don't have a device to play MP3's on besides the computer (yet).

We (Elinor) and I are getting a huge emotional boost out of your great lists and your generosity! I'll be posting a wish list soon.  Thanks!
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
House Robbery and Opportunity
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2004, 05:01:38 am »

Re: Cake - I find it impossible to choose a favourite album. They are all so good, and all have something about them that I dig so much.
I would think in some ways that Fashion Nugget would have to be the one, since Frank Sinatra is a stunning track, as is Daria and Open Book, and it being the first album I got by them about 9 years back, but then Prolonging the Magic (Satan..., Sheep... and Cool Blue Reason... goddamn they're good) and Comfort Eagle both try to top it. Damn.
Cake rule.
I so nearly got to go see them.

Anyway, yes. I'd also add Ministry - Psalm 69 and Nine Inch Nails entire catalogue, minus Deep from the Tomb Raider soundtrack.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
House Robbery and Opportunity
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2004, 06:21:28 am »

Quote from: "slink"
Damn.
Cake rule.
I so nearly got to go see them.


Does my seeing Cake perform at all make up for missing QOTSA with Mark Lanagen and Dave Grohl?  FWIW they were killer.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
House Robbery and Opportunity
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2004, 08:18:09 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"

Does my seeing Cake perform at all make up for missing QOTSA with Mark Lanagen and Dave Grohl?  FWIW they were killer.

~Paul


Not quite no. Given that I think Cake rule, but that Josh Homme is like the closest thing I can find to a musical god, and the addition of Dave Grohl only goes to add to the oomph (not that he's a musical genius or god, just that he's possible rocks finest drummer).
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
House Robbery and Opportunity
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2004, 11:28:52 am »

I am too totally uncool to contribute to these lists - I weep with frustration that there is even a Talking Heads mentioned that I haven't heard of (I thought I was paying attention in those days), on top of whole unrecognizable artists.  But I think I have a few not too boring things I could send, if you send me your address.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
House Robbery and Opportunity
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2004, 07:26:36 pm »

Wombat, you've pretty much summed up my feelings herein.  I don't know how I could comment without coming across as totally outdated and non-rad.

Also, I think that the Talking Heads album mentioned is a greatest hits, is it not?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
House Robbery and Opportunity
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2004, 08:21:47 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"

Also, I think that the Talking Heads album mentioned is a greatest hits, is it not?


Yeah, it is.   Honestly, I think I meant to say "Stop Making Sense", but oh well.  I forgot a bunch of stuff from my list anyway (Patsy Cline, Simon & Garfunkel, Harry Bellafonte...), so pay no mind.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
House Robbery and Opportunity
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2004, 09:42:29 pm »

Oh, August, can we be non-rad together?  Then it would all be OK. Sigh.

I feel better about the Talking Heads now, thanks guys.

I have been meaning to say, the problem with option 1 of the poll is, doesn't the main culprit have no testicles?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
House Robbery and Opportunity
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2004, 10:01:06 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Oh, August, can we be non-rad together?  Then it would all be OK. Sigh.

I feel better about the Talking Heads now, thanks guys.

I have been meaning to say, the problem with option 1 of the poll is, doesn't the main culprit have no testicles?


Ovaries?
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
House Robbery and Opportunity
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2004, 11:19:27 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Ovaries?


Adds some logistical difficulty s'far as string-hanging's concerned.  Hmmm...
Logged
goose means greedy

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
House Robbery and Opportunity
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2004, 12:36:05 am »

Figurative Testicles.

But, also, the person RESPONSIBLE for the thievery is female but  the thieves were let in/put up by her in our house and several them do, in fact, have testicles.

We could thread some piano wire on a needle, run it back and forth through the nipples a few times and hang 'em up if that will make people satisfied with the punishment.

Also, because of the credit card theft and theft of personal information, we have a temporary mailbox at one of those mailbox places.

For those of you who are wanting to send things now (I have got some e-mails) you can send them to:

Jason Nehal
305 Hahani Street, Box 224
Kailua HI
96734

Any lurkers excited about knowing where I live should understand that this is not where we live and the owners of this shop are very good friends of ours, so any funny business may be met by harsh language and/or gunfire.

I can't say enough about the generosity and good will of you folks.

Thanks.

Edited to add my name to the address. Now you know my name! That feels a little weird but not really. If Google reveals anything interesting, let me know.

J
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
House Robbery and Opportunity
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2004, 02:18:51 am »

So, wishlist(s) forthcoming, or are you just going to rely on our good taste?
Logged
goose means greedy

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
House Robbery and Opportunity
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2004, 07:17:37 am »

Wishlists are on their way: the Logical thing seems to be to pick from each of your lists but I'll need to more carefully read through all posts and this weekend we spent deodorising the house and steam cleaning all applicable surfaces. About 6 homeless people (drug addict variant) were crashing up in here, drinkin' all my liquor and ashing wall to wall in accordance with the formerly beige, now kind of grey and beige, carpet). It's nasty.

Savages.

But I WILL be shortly getting to each and all of you with selections.

Thanks again!
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up