Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Man Pat you don't gotta talk to me like they teach you in that class for people with too much anger.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ugga Ugga Meat (Paleo diet)  (Read 4845 times)

Mr Trout

• Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
    • View Profile
Re: Ugga Ugga Meat (Paleo diet)
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2012, 05:08:05 am »

Being 2 meters tall and 170lbs for the last 12 or 13 years no matter if I eat cheesecake or salad for every meal has given me a completely warped sense of food and calories. I guess it is my superpower?

Last night I put some really thick, boneless pork chops in a casserole dish and covered it with cooked stuffing and condensed cream-of-mushroom soup. 400 for 45 min. Served it with some tator tots and it was pretty much the best thing I had eaten in the last month. Bike 20 miles a day and you can eat like this at every meal!

theinevitable

• Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 478
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2012, 07:03:05 am »

shit, I need to start biking again.

today I ate leftovers of this stuff which were OFF THE CHAIN. Tonight I added some rice to thicken it up.

A coworker expressed disbelief that I could cook, so two random-ass lady coworkers are getting chili for lunch tomorrow. I even put little stickers on the tupperware with their names and a :) face.
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

• VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2012, 01:37:44 am »

The first time I heard about Paleo was in '99 when I was in college, vegan, and working at a health food store. Some douche asked me about some supplements. Somehow in the conversation, he asked me what I thought about the meat that the store sold, and I replied that I had not tried it. He asked why, I said I was vegan. He got in my face and was about as evangelical as a fundamentalist Christian about why my eating habits were terrible. Dude had greasy chi, made me uncomfortable just being around him. He said that I was stupid for following a vegan diet because we were meant to eat like a caveman and that meant meat. I just turned away and continued my work stocking the shelves. He persisted for a few minutes with his ridiculous diatribe to my back, and then eventually sputtered indignantly that I would not submit to his abuse, and he oozed off somewhere else. The worst part about that job was that a certain percentage of the customers were just batshit insane.

If your diet or any chosen part of your lifestyle is going to turn you into an asshole who berates complete strangers for not following your path, then maybe you ought to look at your life and figure out when you became such a huge asshole. If you can contain yourself to remain smugly silent in your knowledge that yours is the One True Path, without accosting random people in your path, then knock yourself out with your crazy diet.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up