Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What does Amazon say about you?  (Read 4627 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
What does Amazon say about you?
« on: June 23, 2012, 12:25:17 pm »

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004U75SL0/ref=s9_simh_gw_p21_d8_g21_i4?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=14CEY6Z2M4TWQKSEW9W5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846


Amazon keeps throwing this at me and I don't know why. The rest of the suggestions are R programming books (thank you Mr.JL) and something called "Buffalo Bob's Wild Game Meat Snacks Variety Pack"

My question is this: What does Amazon think you want to buy?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: What does Amazon say about you?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 02:43:01 pm »

My Little Pony coloring books, Toy Story pajamas, a mozzarella cheese making kit, and body glitter. All quite reasonable, actually.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What does Amazon say about you?
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 03:03:56 pm »

A-Cap, Amazon knows you are a party person.

Amazon thinks I want to buy a lot of good dog training books, but unfortunately for them I already own many of them. It's way the hell off on its fiction reccs right now because I have been researching agents, which means I searched for a lot of books to see what kind of things a certain agent represented and then said "yuck, not right."

Can I yell about something else though? Amazon keeps sending me emails announcing a new book by an author I like and I see the subject line and I'm all "oh yeah I'll read that this weekend" and when I open the email I see it's a preorder for something that's not coming out for weeks. Stop leading me on, Amazon!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: What does Amazon say about you?
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 07:53:00 pm »

For me, Amazon suggests the following:

PB2 lowfat peanut butter
Free & Clear dermatologist-recommended fragrance-free shampoo & conditioner
The Shins, Death Cab for Cutie, and Jack White
ebooks by Mark Twain, Robert Frost, and Shakespeare
Tassimo t-discs (because I am unlucky enough to own the Betamax of coffee makers)
HTC cell phone covers

I am boring.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What does Amazon say about you?
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 08:06:59 pm »

Amazon does better than other places. Today Facebook thought I wanted to play a Pot Farm game, and Gmail thought I wanted a recipe for spam fajitas.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What does Amazon say about you?
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 10:24:47 pm »

Amazon thinks I love anime and manga (??), books by that Creative Class guy I don't like, books about environmentalism, and books about film.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: What does Amazon say about you?
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 10:51:34 pm »

Facebook is currently asking me to drink no less than three different kinds of beer, buy a suit from Men's warehouse, and play a virtual slot machine game. Combined with Amazon's suggestions I could have hell of a party. All drinking a mountain of beer dressed as a hoss in a suit, munching on Bob Whatever's kangaroo jerky.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: What does Amazon say about you?
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 11:21:29 pm »

Facebook is awful. It thinks I want to become a social worker, and it tries to convince me to do so by showing me pictures of hot goth women.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What does Amazon say about you?
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 01:54:52 am »

My question is this: What does Amazon think you want to buy?

Well, I clicked the hoss head link earlier today and when I just now logged on it suggested this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0070QMUFA/ref=s9_simh_gw_p193_d0_g21_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1CBNR1B7NRMZ5TQ04EEA&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846



Also, there's a Godfather joke to be made with the hoss head. Somebody get on it.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What does Amazon say about you?
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 03:44:34 am »

Amazon now thinks we all want that thing.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: What does Amazon say about you?
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 04:51:50 am »

Amazon is suggesting:

  • Coaching Lacrosse for Dummies
  • "Art Cars, the Artists, the Obsession, the Craft"
  • Halo Reach
  • "Lets Pretend this Never Happened - a memoir"
  • Sterling Silver Celtic Knot earrings
..and a box of 12 lacrosse balls on sale for $22..I might actually want to jump on that one, thats a good price.

Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What does Amazon say about you?
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 04:56:02 am »



  • "Art Cars, the Artists, the Obsession, the Craft"

Good book. A friend of mine wrote it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What does Amazon say about you?
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 02:00:47 pm »

My best internet friend who isn't one of you guys works designing products for the hoss and unicorn head company, so you all should buy one.
http://www.mcphee.com/shop/
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: What does Amazon say about you?
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2012, 06:38:43 pm »

Unicorn head/Mermaid tail two pack.

Your friend will be rich beyond all dreams of avarice with the above idea.

He or she can thank me later.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: What does Amazon say about you?
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 02:59:19 am »

Amazon is telling me that I should work out more. It's probably right, to be honest.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up