Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: DYEL?  (Read 11890 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
DYEL?
« on: June 26, 2012, 09:14:43 am »

ITT: post routines

upper/lower split variant of SS
M,W,F bench/OHP/weighted pull-up 3x5s
T,Th, (overload F) squats/DL/shrugs/power cleans 3x5s

weekend is for running
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: DYEL?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 01:00:47 pm »

What's up, Moose?  How's Midge these days?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: DYEL?
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 04:30:14 pm »

What's up, Moose?  How's Midge these days?

> implying i have read archie

i'm not moose, i'm zyzz, brah, u mirin?
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: DYEL?
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 04:30:47 pm »

SS = Starting Strength?  Mark Rippetoe is boss.

I was doing Wendler's 5/3/1 for about 18months.  Good program, got my weight up to 195.  Now I'm training at Crossfit for conditioning to keep in shape for lacrosse.  Playing against 20-somethings means I have to work hard off the field all the time.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 04:35:31 pm by jaydub »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: DYEL?
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 04:38:03 pm »

I'll eventually plunk into 5/3/1 but I think I'm going to try Texas Method as an intermediate. Technically I shouldn't be doing splits but I have a unique window in which to workout (5:30-8am, daily) and I figure I can maximize gains by doing UB/LB splits instead of AxBxAxx/BxAxBxx days. At least I get push/pull on both days.

The SS forums, by the way, are a thing of beauty.
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: DYEL?
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 05:17:01 pm »

The only thing I see as a problem is this:

As I've gotten a touch of grey I find that bulk and burst strength build and maintain pretty easy but keeping up with the cardio to GOGOGO is a big investment. I've had to up my daily mileage just to keep up with the kids when they climb hills like billy-goddam-goats.

Plus, getting the blood pumping with a cardio plan seems to leave me with less soreness and impingement after I wave plates around. Acts like power flushing an engine, all getting the impurities out.

What do I know though. Different backgrounds and goals, I'm sure.

Whatever you do, get some.

I do an hour of cardio after my lifts every day. Usually the elliptical so I can work out the kinks from whatever muscle group I've worked that day. The weekend, however, is for just running, 8+ miles.
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: DYEL?
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 05:37:46 pm »

I drew tags for high elk this year. Keep that shit up and I'll fly your ass out to be my 9,000' porter come November.

Get me out of this current stall and I'll consider it. Had to deload on my quest to go ATG and now I'm benching and squatting 205. Shit ain't right.

Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: DYEL?
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 06:05:57 pm »

At least you're squatting.  Get the hip and ankle mobility where it needs to be and youu'll get ATG and some good poundage.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: DYEL?
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 06:20:18 pm »

I'm thinking the issue is more with core than anything else (and will thus resolve itself in time). Ankle mobility is a big issue due to some major Achilles injuries in my past; right now my choices are

* sumo stance
* heels up on a 2.5lb plate
* Romaleos or some other sort of squat shoe

(right now I use NB Minimus; inb4 use chucks)

Current stats:

OHP stalled around 100-105 depending on whether I eat breakfast that day
Bench 205
HB ATG Squat 205 (to parallel 225, but I had to deload shortly thereafter)
DL 265
Weighted pullups, hammer grip, 20lb weight + whatever the chain weighs
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: DYEL?
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 01:17:23 am »

This ain't no 4chan, dude.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: DYEL?
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 01:56:28 am »

I don't know what any of this means
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: DYEL?
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 02:08:59 am »

As a wise man once said, "Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that."
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: DYEL?
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 02:17:42 am »

This ain't no 4chan, dude.

There's a little /fit/ inside all of us, my son
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: DYEL?
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2012, 12:15:07 pm »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: DYEL?
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2012, 12:37:54 pm »



oh jesus haploid christ that guy is the curlbroest curlbro that ever curled

Also, holy shit tempo training is hard.
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up